tegan

Steam Summer Sale Spendapalooza

i don't even have to translate that to know what it says

i don't even have to translate that to know what it says

Is it a subliminal message that says "Buy More Games, xo Gabe"?

Also, How could I not look at them? They were BLINKING!

Life is Strange is on sale and I'm not going to shut up about Life is Strange until you've all played it so you may as well get it at a discount!

Yeah I almost bought it this morning, but then I didn't. O:

Basically, I know I'm not going to get to it right away, and the sale isn't big enough to make me jump on it. When I want to play it, I'll pay that piddly extra four bucks!

To be frank, I'd rather wait until all the episodes are out because it both guarantees that the story will finish and gives me the opportunity to play them once a week or so. Months between episodes is too long for me to remember these days.

Shovel Knight and Divinity both only went down to -33%. I might be spoiled but I was hoping for a larger discount considering they're both a year old.

The Life is Strange deal isn't nearly as much as I was hoping for, but I still think I'll bite. And on Battleblock Theatre, too. Looks like crazy fun at 90% off!

Shovel Knight and Divinity both only went down to -33%. I might be spoiled but I was hoping for a larger discount considering they're both a year old.

My biggest takeaway from this year's Summer Sale is a combo of "there are too many games/I'm incredibly spoiled"

Of course I want both Divinity and PoE! Of course I want them for $15, not $27!

Well that was kind of anti-climactic.  I jumped into one of the organized groups for the summer game, and it broke 1 million in less than an hour, and it's not even one of the fastest groups.

I finally got a chance to join a game of the Steam thingy. I couldn't join any friend's games cause I hadn't reached a high enough level in previous games(since I'd never played)? Then I joined a game that's laggy and since I'm on a Swedish laptop it's all in a foreign tongue I can't entirely follow so this is just a generally a confounding and confusing experience because the levels keep going up. I've clicked on a bunch of stuff, but I assume that I'm barely contributing since I didn't run any scripts or anything.

I still have no idea what that game gets me personally for playing it, if everyone else is unlocking all the daily deals at the literal speed of light.

You get up to 3 cards per day for playing (though that seems bugged and most people are only getting 1-2) and you get a badge worth up to 200XP depending on the level your room reaches.

It is kind of mesmerizing watching a 1,000 robots play a game.  I just watched the room I'm in jump 300K levels in a single shot. 

If I got any card from playing the game, I never noticed.... Although I only played the first day.

You also get cards for buying things.  So if you've bought anything in the sale, you might have picked up a few. 

Oh, it's just cards and badges?

I am now relieved I'm not missing anything.

Ooh, New Vegas Everything Edition and Fallout 3: EE are both $7, Stanley Parable is $2.50, and EU 4 is hells of cheap.

AC: Rogue is not quite cheap enough for me to go for it.

As someone who wanted to love but bounced off of EU3, what should I get to enjoy EU4? I understand that the original release was kind of anemic and that it's been made a lot more complete in subsequent expansions. But there's also a TON of extra fluff and specialized stuff for experts that I think I'd want to wait until I've got a handle on the game to dive into. 

As someone who wanted to love but bounced off of EU3, what should I get to enjoy EU4? I understand that the original release was kind of anemic and that it's been made a lot more complete in subsequent expansions. But there's also a TON of extra fluff and specialized stuff for experts that I think I'd want to wait until I've got a handle on the game to dive into. 

I'd recommend it with caution. EU4 is a much more discoverable game than the series' previous installment was, so the buy-in is often nonexistent for an enthusiastic player, but it also has a way that it wants you to play that comes through the design with a lot more urgency and intolerance than in previous installments. If I sit down to play it, I usually end up having fun, but the series' increasing multiplayer focus has me less and less willing to buy the neverending stream of DLC mini-expansions.

I say get the base game only and try it out.  If you like what you see there, get Common Sense (maybe hold off on this one for next year's sale???), Art of War, El Dorado, Res Republica, Wealth of Nations, Conquest of Paradise.

Ignore everything else cause it's super trivial (unit graphics are like, least recognizable thing in a game like this).

BTW so last night I got CoH2 stuff, so installing that right now~

Yeah I would recommend the same Gaizokubanou said or even trying the demo (I just have no idea in which version the demo is however). I really like EU IV (I do have everything, I mean every dlc, except the e-books) it´s not perfect, but is one of my favorite games.

Anyway, I just got on the last second - BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extended. While I am far from begin good on a fighting game, I have played the first one and enjoyed it a lot.

And about the cards of the mini-game: I think the idea is you gain one by just playing it, another by reaching level 8 and maybe a third one randomly during the whole day. Like almost everybody I most got two cards, expect one day I got the third one. But I am just selling them to buy other cards and finish some badges.