tegan

Steam Summer Sale Spendapalooza

They've done a good job of hitting the sweet spot for me this sale, but I've resisted and bought only "Long Live the Queen," "Sir, You Are Being Hunted," and "Tesla Effect" so far. Super tempted at the moment to buy Civilization:Beyond Earth, Dead Rising 3, GalCiv 3, and will probably buy CK2 DLC tonight when I get home.

Seems like most (but not all) of the accusations about price shenanigans with the summer sale were likely just Reddit freaking out about things that had already been announced weeks/months ahead of time. 

Seems like most (but not all) of the accusations about price shenanigans with the summer sale were likely just Reddit freaking out about things that had already been announced weeks/months ahead of time. 

Yup, I got completely suckered by that. Sorry everyone!

Whatever happened, it got noisy enough for my wife to hear about it and ask when I was buying Steam sale games if I knew I was getting an actual sale price. I pointed out that regular brick and mortar stores do it all the time, so it's just a matter of looking at the price and deciding if it's worth it for you.

Yup, I got completely suckered by that. Sorry everyone!

To be fair, there are still a couple of examples of shadiness, the biggest being GTAV. And that's not the price, it's that the bundle is probably NOT eligible for refunds under the new refund policy. That may not have been Rockstar's intention, but the price plus no refunds certainly doesn't look good.

Got Depths of Tolagar, Chivalry and I flipped a coin to choose between Invisible Inc. and MASSIVE CHALICE.

Don't think there's much else I want.

Got Grey Goo and Far Cry 4: Valley of the Yetis. Everything else I want isn't cheap enough.

I just bought some sidescrolling RPG called Lisa that I've never heard of before, but sounds weird in exactly the way I like my games to be.

Otherwise have picked up Forced; NomNom Galaxy; Cook, Serve, Delicious; and Minerva's Den.  Also D4, but that was unrelated to the sale. 

Giant Bomb did an East Coast Quicklook of Lisa, I am interested, but not sure if I'm in the mood for that band of depressing right now.

Reyturner, those are both awesome games that scratch a slightly different turn-based-strategy itch. If you're into the genre, I'd suggest both ;)

Picked up some more obscure Japanese games. KOF XIII and Killer is Dead-- mostly for the stylized graphics...though I did like Killer 7 so maybe I'll actually play through KiD.

Thus far I've grabbed Wolfenstein: The New Order, Gauntlet, Super Time Force Ultra, and Dishonored GOTY.  I've had my eye on all of them for a while.  So far this sale has been hitting some great spots for me.

I've been holding out pretty well so far. Haven't bought anything. If I manage to make it through the whole thing without picking up a game I may somehow do some crazy brain gymnastics and end up cobcincing myself to preorder a steam controller.

As it is now I've got a decent sized backlog that I'm still actively playing through and the prices on games I want aren't quite "holy heck that's a STEAL" for me yet.

So far I have only picked up Star Ruler 2, I almost bought Beyond Earth but end changing mind, I am still waiting other stuff in my wishlist to show up (and also I had before this bought a couple of VN and few other games. so I am going a bit slow here) while also keeping in mind that Toukiden will be released very soon (26 june)

I'd never heard of this Lisa game but this looks like exactly my kind of thing

I can't believe I had never heard of it.  Glad it popped up on one of the featured sales, that's the only reason I looked at it. 

I did not want to buy anything.

But damn it, 35 euros wasted again on games I will have no time to ever play.

Wolfenstein Old Blood, Alien Isolation, Half minute Hero 2 and Redux: Dark Matters off to the eternal backlog.

Thanks Gaben. :(

I bought Bjorn's Lisa. We'll see whether that's a good thing. (And Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Legend of Grimrock II and Nidhogg. Nidhogg is fantastic!)

I bought Divine Divinity for the heavenly sum of one (1) smacker, then webSteam logged me out and won't let me log back in.

Thanks, I guess?

I grabbed Rome 2 Total War for $14 and Dues Ex: Human Revolution: Directors Cut for $4. Maybe I will even play them some day.

Talos Principle is the cheapest it has ever been at $13.59. Might have to get that one...

I bought Divine Divinity for the heavenly sum of one (1) smacker, then webSteam logged me out and won't let me log back in.

Thanks, I guess?

Having played this recently, the game is pretty hard and there are ways to screw yourself pretty easily. I'd recommend at least taking a look at some skill breakdowns so you don't end up missing chunks of the game or getting stuck.

http://galaraf.net/Divdiv/Skills/divine_divinity__skills.htm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/371215-divine-divinity/faqs/47588

Despite it being rough around the edges, I enjoyed it a lot.

Edit: Phew, slow sale day for me, nothing I'm super interested in. That being said, Grow Home is a steal for $4 and The Fall for $2 is ridiculous if you like that sort of game.