tegan

Steam Summer Sale Spendapalooza

Also: it's good to see a second thread with the "hold onto your butts" tag.

Wait, wait, itchio has Steam keys too? I should really check itchio more often. 

As far as I remember, Steam allows developers to essentially generate free steam keys and hand them out either as giveaways or as multiplatform sales, like itch.io also offering a steam key. Steam gets the benefit of hooking people into the platform more, so they're ok with essentially giving free games in this manner. (and I suspect the number of people that seek out alternatives to Steam in the hope of still getting a key are limited)

The monster game doesn't seem to be working for me, which I assume is because the servers are wrecked.

I waiting to see if Kentucky Route Zero goes on sale so I can buy copies of it for my friends and force them to play it.

Me either. Play Now button immediately errors out and by the time I got home from work none of my friends had a game at the level I can play, yet it says that 2 million people are playing *shrug*

I hope nobody has bought or is planning to buy GTAV after Rockstar's maliciously misleading "discounting"

Also worth noting it comes with DRM which is, if not "always online", then the next closest thing. I haven't been able to play for weeks now due to moving house and being without a 'net connection

I'm basically holding out for Sunless Sea and I'll be done. Oh, and Invisible Inc, if it's cheap enough. Planning to get my computer fixed at some point.

I just snagged Sir You Are Being Hunted for $1.99 :)

Yeah I was thinking about getting hold of that too, as a multiplayer mode is coming July 1 and it could provide some good japes.

Me either. Play Now button immediately errors out and by the time I got home from work none of my friends had a game at the level I can play, yet it says that 2 million people are playing *shrug*

Is there any merit, or at least minimal disadvantage, in us trying to pile into the same game together when it resets in a few hours?

The minigame does appear to be "working" (if we are generous with definition of "work") now, still I am not sure how winning card from it work I did got two from it but I am really thinking in selling the card to finish other badges instead.

I would really recommend Valkyria Chronicles (-75%) there still a few hours left. Homeworld is tempting me a lot (and now I am have less then 2 hours to decided,  my mistake I forget that daily deal last for two days) but I haven´t made my mind.

My general rule of thumb for Steam sales is I don't pick anything up unless its 66% off or more, less than $10, or its during the encore sale.  The only thing I'd specifically like to get is Wolfenstein: The New Order but I'll probably pick up random other things as they appear and fit my criteria.

I update my wishlist fairly regularly so I tend to stick to that for sales. That way I'm not tempted by things just because they're cheap.

My general rule of thumb for Steam sales is I don't pick anything up unless its 66% off or more, less than $10, or its during the encore sale.  The only thing I'd specifically like to get is Wolfenstein: The New Order but I'll probably pick up random other things as they appear and fit my criteria.

That's kind of where I am. I am more than willing to grab Divinity, PoE, Wasteland, Invisible,Inc, but none of them have hit a price where I go into starvation must buy mode.

If they go deeper on Far Cry 4 I would consider grabbing that as well.

The Steam Sale being between Witcher 3 and impending Batman which I've already paid for is likely going to be quite good for my wallet.

I also preordered Arkham Knight (it was 40% off at Green Man Gaming with a code) which is keeping me from spending too much as well.  The things I tend to pick up during sales are smaller games that I can sort of casually play in between the big releases.

The two games I was waiting to go on sale did (Homeworld Remastered, and Grey Goo). I think those will be the only big purchases I make, although I'm sure I will end up picking up a handful of smaller indie titles.

Wolfenstein: The New Order just came up with a 75% discount.  So at this point I've already got the one thing I wanted.  Anything else is just a bonus.

I'm not sure what is happening in the monster game I'm in. But the current speed is 3.5 levels per minute. It is slowing down though. Sometimes I even managed to hit an enemy,

Yeah, the monster game is really fast now, I guess the bonus from previous play did give a head start, I mean in less the third minutes I am at level 144...

Now, on the current deals: Legend of Grimrock II is at 75% while the first game was good, I found the second one a lot better. Mount & Blade: Warband is amazing game and it is with 80% discount.

Valiant Hearts is 75% off too, but I remember a few people quitting it on the quitter's thread, is it really worth it? :^\

I know Outcast is a beloved game, but is it playable today? I remember it getting very good reviews back in the day but I tried it on a PC demo station (back when stores still had those!) and it seemed boring to kid me.

Now, on the current deals: Legend of Grimrock II is at 75% while the first game was good, I found the second one a lot better. Mount & Blade: Warband is amazing game and it is with 80% discount.

Tried to play the first one and I got stuck b/c I couldn't find a key on level 3 or something and I didn't have the drive to go back to earlier floors.

That said, I just picked up 2 during the GOG sale and wow, it's really fun. Moving through a mix of environments in a more open world setting is incredibly fun.

Between years of these things bloating up my backlog, and my new job having substantially changed my available-leisure-time to expendable-income ratio, I really shouldn't be looking at this sale. I want to look at it, and I do look at it, but at this point it's a shameful experience.

The absolute low point of the Steam sale experience, for me, is when I see a game and think "oh! I really want to play that, I should buy it!"

...and then I realize that I already own it, I probably bought it in a previous Steam sale, I never got around to playing it, and, even after just thinking "I really want to play that" four seconds ago, I'm probably not gonna load it up now.

Hmm, Tesla Effect. I was going to buy it earlier, but then I went down the rabbit hole of looking at all the other Tex Murphy games and trying to decide if I wanted to start at the beginning or not. I played FMV games when I was younger, but not those particular ones.