tegan

Steam Summer Sale Spendapalooza

The monster game doesn't seem to be working for me, which I assume is because the servers are wrecked.

I waiting to see if Kentucky Route Zero goes on sale so I can buy copies of it for my friends and force them to play it.

Oh dear, the Monster Game is basically... Clicker Heroes but multiplayer? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE STEAM! I kid not, I am kinda recovering from my Clicker Heroes addiction.... DON'T DO THIS TO ME, STEAM!

I got a few VNs and other indie games that were already 75% off on my wishlist and one or two that were just 50% off but under 2$.

Apparently I had a dating sim/archeology game on my wishlist? Yeah, that sounds about right.  :getmecoat

Apparently I had a dating sim/archeology game on my wishlist? Yeah, that sounds about right.  :getmecoat

WHAT IS IT

Hm, I'm not sure about how the Steam minigame works, but maybe you only get in-game currency from buying things in the Steam Store?

I had some in-game currency and I haven't gotten any more after defeating a robot, it could just be the game is buggy and laggy, but it would be incredibly insidious of Steam to make the team that spends the most more powerful. 

Either way, it's too soon to tell.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is also at a higher sale price than its original pre-sale price. Fuck, this is ridiculous.

Hm, I'm not sure about how the Steam minigame works, but maybe you only get in-game currency from buying things in the Steam Store?

I had some in-game currency and I haven't gotten any more after defeating a robot, it could just be the game is buggy and laggy, but it would be incredibly insidious of Steam to make the team that spends the most more powerful. 

Either way, it's too soon to tell.

Nah, it accumulates naturally from robots being defeated in-game. The reason that it's not accruing when you actually defeat one is because the servers are getting wrecked and everything's lagging on the scale of minutes. It's what Twig said, you think that after years of doing Steam sales, Valve would have their servers ready to be hit for once...

This concept in particular seems like it's just begging for network issues...the games seem like they go up to 2000 players or so, all interacting with the same objects, many of them probably using autohotkey to spam clicks every second.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!  Hey guys, guys, guys, guys!

Minerva's Den is on sale.

Not kidding, this is the most exciting thing about the sale to me.  It hasn't been on sale since I added it to my wishlist a year ago. 

And yeah, minigame is super shit because it runs like ass.  I'd be happy to sit there and let it run in a corner of my screen and watch buffs and shit go off, but damn if it isn't the worst performing game Valve has ever produced (Valve, seriously, how do you fuck up an idle clicker game). 

Bjorn do you already own Bioshock 2, and did you own it when Gams 4 Winders Live was a thing? If so you should already own Minerva's Den.

Nothing is exploding my face off on this, the first day of Steam's Sale.

I don't actually do any of Steam's bullshit "gamify your store!" bullshit that they do for sales.

Bjorn do you already own Bioshock 2, and did you own it when Gams 4 Winders Live was a thing? If so you should already own Minerva's Den.

Nothing is exploding my face off on this, the first day of Steam's Sale.

No, I played Bioshock 2 on the 360 and never bothered to buy it for PC, until it came with a Humble Bundle awhile back.  But that was after GFWL was killed, so no Minverva's Den for me and it hadn't been on sale since. 

There's several sub-$4 games I might pick up.  There's quite a few local co-op titles that are sub-$5 (because I'll basically buy anything with local co-op if it's cheap enough to see if it's fun).  The Tale of Tales bundle is cheap, and I've always meant to play them.  Shadowgate is $3.74, and I've heard good things about it from other people who were fans of the original many years ago.  Nom Nom Galaxy is only $5, and it's supposed to leave Early Access this month (I like basically everything Q-Games has ever done).  Valkyria Chronicles is $5, but eh, I think it would be one I would never get around to actually playing.  I think that's pretty much everything that jumps out at me. 

The monster game doesn't seem to be working for me, which I assume is because the servers are wrecked.

I waiting to see if Kentucky Route Zero goes on sale so I can buy copies of it for my friends and force them to play it.

I'll be that friend if you're asking.

I have like 40 dollars accumulated in my steam wallet from stuff like selling CS Go cases, that's the most I'm going to spend on this sale. 

I'm torn between getting Tales from the Borderlands now or waiting until all the episodes are out.

So what is everyone hoping to snag? I could use some recommendations fresh on my brain. I'm keeping an eye out for Crypt of the Necrodancer and Invisible Inc mainly. I have a massive backlog that I am acutally sort of putting time into lately instead of just playing dota.  I'll probably be skipping most triple a stuff this time around unless there's a REALLY good deal on like Dishonored or Alien Isolation.

Any smaller games that have come out in the past year or so and are going to be on sale for the first time? Kerbal maybe?

Oh dear, the Monster Game is basically... Clicker Heroes but multiplayer? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE STEAM! I kid not, I am kinda recovering from my Clicker Heroes addiction....

Clicker Heroes crossed with Dota 2, right?

The pre-sale price rise stuff seems like a thing that would go against consumer protection laws in a lot of places.

So what is everyone hoping to snag? I could use some recommendations fresh on my brain. I'm keeping an eye out for Crypt of the Necrodancer and Invisible Inc mainly. I have a massive backlog that I am acutally sort of putting time into lately instead of just playing dota.  I'll probably be skipping most triple a stuff this time around unless there's a REALLY good deal on like Dishonored or Alien Isolation.

Any smaller games that have come out in the past year or so and are going to be on sale for the first time? Kerbal maybe?

Spirits of Xanadu

Sunless Sea

Endless Legend

Dustbowl

This War of Mine

Shovel Knight

Ori and the Blind Forest

Reign of Kings

Alien Isolation

I've still got a bunch of games I'm playing through (I picked up Okami and Ni No Kuni during a PSN flash sale a while ago) so unless the discounts are deep, I'm not in a hurry to buy anything real quick. I have the tendency to not play new games I buy, which I feel bad about because I'm on a budget and could have picked it up later for much less (Lichdom Battlemage comes to mind).

Not kidding, this is the most exciting thing about the sale to me.  It hasn't been on sale since I added it to my wishlist a year ago.

Wrapped and bagged. Finally!

I didn't think I was gonna buy anything, but then I saw Valkyria Chronicles for 5.49, and I had 50 cents in my Steam Wallet, and I thought, "well..."

so it begins.

Ace! I have also been waiting for this for over a year, maybe two. Every time Bioshock 2  or a Bioshock bundle goes on sale, I eagerly check whether Minerva has gone on sale too and am bitterly disappointed.

Maybe this is the year that Emerald City Confidential goes on sale too!