tegan

Steam Summer Sale Spendapalooza

I will never participate in any of these sales ever again. They are just pure backlog poison.

Just so you know, I read that the War Thunder developers raised a bunch of prices right before the sale, so the sale prices are actually higher than the regular prices.

So there's a little game thing this time?  At least I think there is, servers are getting hammered.

The servers are still down for me, which is crazy.  Valves servers are usually crushed for like 5-10 minutes at the start of a sale, not most of an hour. 

Canada prices are crazy.  $90 for GTA V with the "Great white shark cash card", whatever that is.  It's marked down 25% to $67 CAD.  When it was first released on PC, it was $69 brand new.

The only thing on my Wishlist not currently on sale is You Need A Budget 4.

I sincerely hope that Life is Strange goes on sale, having heard the thumbs talking about it!

Why is XCOM complete the same price as Enemy Within when it includes Enemy Within?

I appreciate Valve trying to do something different with this Steam sale, but man if that "game" isn't shit.

PREPARE

I thank humanity for meticulously crafting the perfection that this video is.

I like idle games, personally, so I have no problem with it.

Although I haven't done much yet since I'm at work, so it may just be a shit idle game.

I like idle games, personally, so I have no problem with it.

Although I haven't done much yet since I'm at work, so it may just be a shit idle game.

It's more just that, when you're in the game doing some clicking, it's laggy and glitchy and seems to get you killed faster than if you let it idle, and after a certain point it just stalls out and the game won't progress until you exit and rejoin.

Ah, yeah, that's bad. Hopefully it's just the server load causing problems, and not the actual game itself. Not that that makes it better, but at least there's hope of those problems going away.

It's amazing how even still valve can't handle the load that comes with EVERY SINGLE SALE.

All that said, even if the game's shit, I appreciate that it's something new, personally.

Rockstar is legitimately trying to say that GTAV is normally priced at $85 and that $60 is a deal. I can't even.

Rockstar is legitimately trying to say that GTAV is normally priced at $85 and that $60 is a deal. I can't even.

No? They're just getting rid of the $20 price on getting the cash card with it.

No? They're just getting rid of the $20 price on getting the cash card with it.

y1uihWy.png

Edit: Wow, literally from the time I initially complained about this to just now they changed it so that it doesn't show that -30% "discount". Nonetheless, it's a pretty shitty deal.

Huh, I'm seeing a USD$60 bundle with GTAV, San Andreas, and a Tiger Shark Cash Card. GTAV itself is not on sale, but it's in "bundles" that are the same price as it would be standalone.

post-34712-0-90051900-1434052882_thumb.png

EDIT: from the time I made this and posted it you updated womp

DOUBLE EDIT: There are also bundles for a larger cash card (and no San Andreas), or Max Payne 3 (and the same cash card) also for $60.

Basically you can't just buy GTAV alone and tough luck if you don't want the Banana Bucks or a game you probably already own.