kaputt

Dark Souls 3 {Dark souls 2 successor [Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor)]} (Bloodborne's something)

Had a pretty good invasion tonight:

Hahaha what a shit head. I need that bow in my life... Hmm I'm guessing I'd have to kill friendly bow troll :/

Nah, it's loot in a place where it makes sense for it to be.

The smouldering lake is utterly fucking brutal, I think I'll go beyond the skull cup room instead.

What kind of magic/infusion/whatever works on the glowy enemies under the lake? I've got a super fire sword which has made mincemeat of everything up until here

This game is soooooo good. My wife's starting to get proper pissed off as I'm not spending anytime with her :/ oh well, the flame must be rekindled or whatever.

Everything after (and including) the catacombs is amazing.

The smouldering lake is utterly fucking brutal, I think I'll go beyond the skull cup room instead.

What kind of magic/infusion/whatever works on the glowy enemies under the lake? I've got a super fire sword which has made mincemeat of everything up until here

By the glowy enemies do you mean 

the demon shaman guys who throw fire and are surrounded by the floating fireball things? Once I figured out their patterns I was able to handle them pretty easily just with my heavy sword. But then again, I've basically put all my points into STR, so anything with decent scaling hits really, really hard.

I just had a fun series of fights with Aldrich. Two fights in a row, here's where his health bar ended up:

This time around, I finally won, only to die immediately after thanks to the cloud of purple ghost things he had just shot off. Yay?

whoa. How do you get rapport?

I'm on the Nameless king. Fuuuuck that guy. Seriously. :(

You get it from giving the

Quelana Pyromancy Tome to Karla

You get it from giving the

Quelana Pyromancy Tome to Karla

Ah right. I must have missed that item on my way through that area!

I did it! I killed the Nameless king! God damnit. That really got the blood pumping, I'll say that much! It's also the first boss fight where the lock-on camera was a real hindrance, especially in the first half of the fight. It's also the first boss in the game I've had a real problem with. I now have probably 1 more boss and that's this game done? 

Also, they're really generous with the ol' titanite slabs this time round. I have gotten 2 from the same area, and there's at least 1 more I know the location of.

Finally, I did a bad thing guys.

This might be a super spoiler so you have been warned I guess:

I gave the firekeeper some eyes, and then told her to end it all, to have a world plunged in darkness. 

Literally everything has changed now. It's super interesting. The music at firelink is now solemn as fuck, the firekeeper now tells me to believe in myself instead of the flame, and the old king clearly know's whats going down, because he gives me a spiel about how he decided to link the flame and stuff.

If this is the final dark souls, this must be the ultimate end to Lodran.

Rapport's really great:

Wait, is there an option that makes the HUD go away? Or is that a mod?

Somewhere in settings there's a few hud options, including one that's adaptive.  It will fade out the entire hud, then pop up any hud element currently needed.

Oh awesome, I'll have to look for that. My screenshots could be so much better!

Ah right. I must have missed that item on my way through that area!

I did it! I killed the Nameless king! God damnit. That really got the blood pumping, I'll say that much! It's also the first boss fight where the lock-on camera was a real hindrance, especially in the first half of the fight. It's also the first boss in the game I've had a real problem with. I now have probably 1 more boss and that's this game done? 

Also, they're really generous with the ol' titanite slabs this time round. I have gotten 2 from the same area, and there's at least 1 more I know the location of.

Finally, I did a bad thing guys.

This might be a super spoiler so you have been warned I guess:

I gave the firekeeper some eyes, and then told her to end it all, to have a world plunged in darkness. 

Literally everything has changed now. It's super interesting. The music at firelink is now solemn as fuck, the firekeeper now tells me to believe in myself instead of the flame, and the old king clearly know's whats going down, because he gives me a spiel about how he decided to link the flame and stuff.

If this is the final dark souls, this must be the ultimate end to Lodran.

I beat everything in the game except the nameless king. Took about 50 hours or so. I'll definitely remember this game has one of hot and cold bosses. There were some pretty frustrating fights, and also some pretty ridiculously easy fights. I think it mostly has to do with the amount of room in the boss arena. With all the dodging they want you to do, they put you in some awful small rooms with some pretty tough camera angles. I suppose it's probably also a function of my build, since I need some distance to effectively cast spells and such. I would say that this is probably my least favorite Souls game (haven't played Bloodborn) but still quite a good game worth playing.

I've gotten through all the bosses solo so far, but the Nameless King, as everybody else has said, is a huge asshole. I'm debating just summoning someone for help just to check that box off, but I don't know if I will feel like I'm cheating myself out of something in the process. Since its an optional boss, I don't really feel bad about it. I guess I'm torn. 

Oh man, got to Nameless King last night. What an intro!

I have qualms with summoning for this fight (or really any other).

Can we just finally squash the idea that summoning is somehow cheating or playing the game "wrong?" If you want to push through the game by yourself, more power to you, but summoning was put in the Souls games deliberately to allow people struggling with their experience to get a bit of help. Hell, the Warriors of Sunlight are just that concept brought into the setting and incorporated into the lore. Summon some help! Get through a tough battle! And maybe stick around for a bit afterwards and help out the next few players who need it!

Not to mention there are also NPCs to summon and that's the only way to complete some storylines.

Can we just finally squash the idea that summoning is somehow cheating or playing the game "wrong?" If you want to push through the game by yourself, more power to you, but summoning was put in the Souls games deliberately to allow people struggling with their experience to get a bit of help. Hell, the Warriors of Sunlight are just that concept brought into the setting and incorporated into the lore. Summon some help! Get through a tough battle! And maybe stick around for a bit afterwards and help out the next few players who need it!

I didn't mean to say that I think it's cheating or anything. I've just really enjoyed the breakthrough moments that happen when I finally get through a bad boss battle solo. Taking down the Abyss Watchers by myself after failing a bunch of times felt really really good. Then when I helped someone finish it in co-op, it just felt anticlimactic. My post was meant to be about balancing my desire for challenge with frustration, that's all.

I wouldn't tell anyone else they're cheating by summoning, but if I did it then it would feel like cheating to me. The satisfaction of beating the bosses is a large part of my enjoyment of these games, and if I summon then I deprive myself of that. However, for someone else their frustration threshold might be much lower and if their enjoyment comes from simply progressing through the game then by all means summon. It's there for the people who want to use it.

The weird thing, and I'm not pointing to anyone in this forum as a culprit, is that people who insist that the Dark Souls series is about loneliness, isolation, and rugged individualism and therefore that it shouldn't have co-op are fine with the profusion of written messages, which is often a much more potent form of co-op, in my experience. Messages have saved me from hundreds of deaths to ill-judged drops, mimics, and dudes hidden around corners.

The weird thing, and I'm not pointing to anyone in this forum as a culprit, is that people who insist that the Dark Souls series is about loneliness, isolation, and rugged individualism and therefore that it shouldn't have co-op are fine with the profusion of written messages, which is often a much more potent form of co-op, in my experience. Messages have saved me from hundreds of deaths to ill-judged drops, mimics, and dudes hidden around corners.

TBH, I kind of wish I could turn messages off sometimes without giving up the ability to be summoned or invaded.  Just their presence, without even reading them, is often the only hint needed to know that there's an illusory wall or trap coming up (of course sometimes those are red herrings, but still).  I do have the sense of humor of a 12 year old though, so the dumb, goofy jokes still get me to laugh, even when I know damn good and well what I'm about to read.

My attitude is just that I prefer to go through each area and boss solo on my first playthrough, but after that unless I've picked some particular challenge built around a specific weapon or goal, fuck it, I'm jolly co-operating all day and all night.  Dance Solaire, dance boy!

TBH, I kind of wish I could turn messages off sometimes without giving up the ability to be summoned or invaded.  Just their presence, without even reading them, is often the only hint needed to know that there's an illusory wall or trap coming up (of course sometimes those are red herrings, but still).  I do have the sense of humor of a 12 year old though, so the dumb, goofy jokes still get me to laugh, even when I know damn good and well what I'm about to read.

My attitude is just that I prefer to go through each area and boss solo on my first playthrough, but after that unless I've picked some particular challenge built around a specific weapon or goal, fuck it, I'm jolly co-operating all day and all night.  Dance Solaire, dance boy!

That's fair. I just think that some people get way too caught up in the self-flattering fantasy that they beat the boss all by themselves and that it's a compliment to their skills that they did so. I'm not built that way and I'm glad I'm not, because the courtesy and kindness of certain summons, who've patiently shown me how to beat a boss or navigate a gauntlet, has given me a pleasure that's equal to or greater than the pleasure of popping all the blisters on a tree-man's butt.