Sign in to follow this  
z_bill

Whatever z_bill's working on [Devlog]

New post:

I have a game out called THE RED MUMMY (more info down further in thread)

Here's the link to itch.io to download!

2kQR879.gif

Original post:

Hi everyone, I'm the guy who made the weirdo Pause Screen From BattleToads for #wizardjam, and I thought I'd drop by and show you what I'm working on! You guys ignited a desire to game makes in me, so now you will be cursed to watch me flail about trying to make a new thing!

Anyway here's what I'm attempting: a few experimental mini-games ruminating on tropes from 16 bit JRPGs and Action Adventure games. I'm just starting this and put up a

Any feedback would be very appreciated/helpful. I didn't say in the video but I'm putting this together with GameMaker Studio.

Thanks, dudes. You are all awesome.

So, um, er, here I am a year later. I abandoned this project in favor of another one. But something about #wizardjam makes me want to revive it. I think it's because the design I had planned for this is more akin to my jam games. Sort of weird (house) progression that is unpredictable and maybe a tad glitchy.

cdTsAVl.png

I booted it back up and am trying to fix the code (it's bad). I also gotta up the resolution, because I've been obsessed with mixing pixel art with high-res art lately.

One of the main things that made me want to cancel it was that I wanted to have 3 different gameplay styles. I've thought of a way to scale it down though.

So I might get back to this...or, if not, I'll at minimum keep you guys up on my other projects. I wanted to resurrect the thread while I was thinking about it.

You guys will think I'm mad. But here's a gif for an Entirely Different Game.

cAo38H7.gif

I've been wishy-washy about the penguin one, so can I turn this thread into "whatever I'm working on"? Is that allowed?

The game here is a "Cinematic Metroidvania" (two words I hate) about a mummy that incorporates comic book panels. It's been the more long-term thing I've been dabbling with.

I really like the comic panel style, and that mummy sprite and animation is great!

That mummy game looks really cool, the panel animations (rumble and sliding in) are great. And I don't think anyone is gonna object to you posting whatever you're up to :)

Thanks guys! I am having a hell of a good time making it!

The main guy is the name of the game actually. IT'S...

SRlfkho.png

(Not sure bout the logo yet. Goofing around with it.)

Thanks for the comments! You dudes rule.

More mummy traversal:

9BaeXOI.gif

I was gonna make a demo about half the size of the final game, but just decided to go ahead and finish it in one go. Still many months off (even though the game will probably be only 40 mins long or so). Dang, #gamedev is a rough ticket!

Whooooa! Hey, what's up?

Me, who only really shows up here during #wizardjam, has finished a non-jam game. It's this mummy game I used to talk about here!

THE RED MUMMY

WMzcG52.png

DorgvWd.gif

Here Is The Itch.io!!

It's a...uh....cinematic platformer that has comics in it- zzzzzzzzzz

Sorry! I've been pimping this all morning. Just maybe check it out and lemme know what you think!

Also, I would never have made games at all if not for Thumbs community. So thanks everyone! I mean it!

WQpcN3H.gif

Oh no I got the bad ending, I think! I killed the captive and then the cowboy and got gunned down.

I liked it tho! :)

Awesome, thanks!

There is a violent ending & a depressing ending, haha.