Jake

Idle Thumbs 213: Build the Nublar

Did Kevin McAllister birth the term "woof" or was that just a thing the cool kids were already saying at the time? Is it supposed to be the ironic opposite of a catcall? Does catcalling ever involve just meowing at people? If it does, I want to see that version of a catcalling video. 

I doubt Ira Glass is saying "woof" as a callback to Buzz's girlfriend.

I was kidding, :) he never said woof. I can't actually imagine him saying woof.

Poor Ira, locked away in Buzz's chest of bad stuff.

Sean I hope you have visited woofmaker.com in the past. It seems perfect for someone who is sick of "woof" or who loves "woof."

One summer my friends and I played the game very similar to the one Spaff describes, where he pulled a random book from the wall and do a dramatic reading. We'd read a random line, out of context, and we settled on quite a good one, a fairly overwrought book that pretty much always gave good out-of-context quote called And Quiet Flows The Don.

It was a little embarrassing to discover this was a Nobel prize-winning novel, although I think we eventually decided it was more embarrassing for the Nobel prize committee.

Not sure why I am writing this, but I attended a Game Jam some years ago (apparently 2012)  where someone made this game: http://gamejolt.com/games/penis-avalanche/9374

I do not remember what the theme was that spawned this genius game, but I don't think it matters.

Love from Sweden!

Edit: Might possibly probably be NSFW