mikemariano

Fallout 4 — Boston Makes Me Feel Good

Speaking of bugs and the like I've just had an amazing one. My game crashes when I try to load a save. AHAHAHHA. It was hilarious. It doesn't really matter as I'd only spent around 55 hours on it and levelled up to level 49. AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

Oh that's a very good question juv3nal. I didn't have time to check any earlier saves as I had suddenly had to leave the house and I was a bit pissed off that it wouldn't load. I'll let you know if that works. 

I don't use any mods on Fallout 4, but thanks for your condolences. Yeah,something similar happened to my Skyrim save on PS3 after a good 74 hours or so. I was one of the unlucky 4%, or whatever, who suffered from the bug where the game ran progressively worse until it stopped completely. 

edit: thanks juv3nal! I loaded an earlier save and it worked a treat. 

I've not tried that but I bet you get through a lot of lockpicks that way...

I've just finished Fallout 4. That is all. 

I haven't finished yet, but I just got to a point that's presumably near the end. Oh boy, if you're at the point where you have to do something that looks like it leads to the endgame, don't wait until you're ready, just go for it. It's not the end, you can come back whenever you need to, and that place has SO MUCH ALUMINIUM.

I haven't finished yet, but I just got to a point that's presumably near the end. Oh boy, if you're at the point where you have to do something that looks like it leads to the endgame, don't wait until you're ready, just go for it. It's not the end, you can come back whenever you need to, and that place has SO MUCH ALUMINIUM.

This is not true depending on how your conversation goes. You can get kicked out and then be on a one-way ticket after that point.

Enjoying this a lot more than I was since I stopped doing main quests and just started wondering around, looting places and actually putting effort in to making money and building settlements. I do find actually building something impressive or even realistic or believable to be really difficult, fiddly

Also found someone with a thick OIRISH accent, how is that possible? Can you get a ferry from Ireland to US in the 2400s or whatever the heck it is?

DLC has been detailed.

Automatron:

“The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!”

Wasteland Workshop:
“With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixi tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!”

Far Harbor:
“A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.”

Wasteland workshop sounds pretty uninspiring, but the other two should be fun.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/02/16/fallout-4-dlc/

It's also worth noting that the season pass price will be going up to $50 on March 1st. And I believe they have even more DLC planned then what is listed above.

interesting, I guess I'm in? I have a bad habit of buying a bunch of DLC for Bethesda games and then never going back to play them again, but I'm actually really wanting to play more Fallout.

Guess I'll have to pick up the season pass before the 1st then. I haven't touched Fallout for a long time, maybe this will get me back into it. I ran into too many annoying bugs and couldn't continue the mainplot so I just burned out. That, plus being basically immortal and all powerful took a lot of the drive of playing away. I think I might start a new character and install some mods that make leveling slower. Might make things more interesting.

Also, this new landmass being an island gets me really excited. Like I said before, I was actually expecting the Glowing Sea to be a real goddamn sea and was disappointed to learn it wasn't (also that it wasn't reeeally that deadly). Maybe there will be cool water exploration? I just want Fallout: Sunless Sea! 

I always get the season pass because mods will often require assets from them so sometimes you need it just to play the best mods.

Ditto here. I'm not super enthused about what's been detailed, but I'm a junkie for tooling around with mods.

In related news I really like this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9476/?

it gives a scope for most of the default weapons (and for a few weapons added by separate mods) that has zoom but doesn't black out your peripheral awareness.

edit: couple more mod highlights

a great looking armour/outfit

a fantastic looking M14 rifle, kinda makes everything in the vanilla game plus all the weapons mods out so far pale by comparison in terms of level of detail/polish 

Anyone else thinking about doing some mod work when the GECK comes out? I'm planning on making some more quest content and I've started learning to how to model to help me out with that. It's going . . . well? This is the first model I've ever made on my own. It Conquered the World! I think it's more or less done, might tweak it a little bit, add some barnacle things to its hands, maybe mess with the claws. 

10656108_10154330445511564_1646288740_n.

I have no clue if this is good or bad or what kind of terrible obvious mistakes I'm making. I'd really like to get an experienced modeler take a look at it and give me some feedback but I don't know any and I'm not sure where to ask. I really hope I didn't do anything that would make the future rigging and animation difficult, as I haven't yet learned anything about that.

i want to try and make an empty vault that you can settle. Probably going to use vault 81 as a template

I wonder how the settlement building system would react to being used in an interior cell, or if it's even possible. Maybe the vault assets could be moved to the settlement building system, so you can plop giant vault doors all around the wasteland. That would be cool.

I wonder how the settlement building system would react to being used in an interior cell, or if it's even possible. Maybe the vault assets could be moved to the settlement building system, so you can plop giant vault doors all around the wasteland. That would be cool.

One of my main reasons for wanting to do this is that everything you build looks so destroyed, I want to build nice things.