I had somehow managed to miss that Mass Effect Andromeda was finally revealed.  Did they say anything about multiplayer?  Did a couple of searches and didn't find anything. 

Just an in-engine "visual target" trailer and a blog post with a couple more details. Most notably that the character in the trailer is not who you will play as. Nothing on multiplayer as far as I can see.

The Mass Effect reveal was not a reveal, it was just the announcement. Everyone knew it was happening, BioWare had even talked about it openly, but I don't think they had made an official announcement earlier. There's no way they're not doing MP though. That thing was crazy popular.

The Mass Effect reveal was not a reveal, it was just the announcement. Everyone knew it was happening, BioWare had even talked about it openly, but I don't think they had made an official announcement earlier. There's no way they're not doing MP though. That thing was crazy popular.

They had it at the EA press conference at last year's E3, just as "New Mass Effect" with a bunch of in-engine test footage. You could argue it said more about the game than Bioware did this year.

For me, my criticism with Nintendo is that they can't seem to strike a healthy pace for primary-entries to a series vs. all the side-content kind of games they make. I don't need Zelda every year, I don't even need it every other year. Skyward Sword came out in 2011 and all we have of the next entry is a teaser, with no new info a year after that teaser. Again, it's frustrating as a huge fan and I know the lack of a major series title is hurting their current console. I still don't want a Wii U at this point.

As for the Metroid Prime Federation game, that actually is a nice itch to scratch after the disappointment that was Other M. Hopefully next year we get news on a new legit Metroid that isn't terrible toward Samus.

Other M came out in 2010 and this is the second time since that they've "scratched that itch" with a multiplayer minigame that focuses on shooting mechanics rather than exploration, which is much more important to Metroid. The game's been getting more vitriol than it's probably worth, but it's pretty easy to see why it would be unwelcome..

Initial impressions for Star Fox Zero have been coming in from the show floor and they seem overwhelmingly negative. That' disappointing, but kind of on-par with the seriously spotty record those games have.

Star Fix impressions are negative? That's a real shame, it's the first time I've ever wanted to play one. ): Something about it just looks fun.

Regarding Metroid, there's a petition to cancel its development... Christ people are babies. I dunno why anyone's surprised, though. Metroid has been that kind if franchise for a while. Also it looks like it might be fun after all, so get over it, you internet man children.

Watched the Direct over lunch. Impressions:

- Star Fox looks VERY much like Lylat Wars U (or Star Fox 64 U, if you like), with all the pros and cons that entails. I'm surprised just how sparse and cubey it all looks. It's ALMOST like they're intentionally going for that early poly aesthetic, which I think is coming back in vogue. But they're not. The arwing transforming into a walker droid looks cool.

- Triforce Heroes sounds generic but I'm sure it'll be a fine game. Unremarkable but fine. I would guess they use these games to break in some newb staff too. Like Henroid, I'm not clamouring for Zelda filler but this isn't something to get angry about.

- Metroid Federation Force looks a bit ropey graphically. I've got a pile of Metroids to play through so I've got a very low investment in the series. Prime Hunters was my first DS game though, which I found a bit boring. I get why Metroid fans are upset.

- Yarn Yoshi looks incredible, just like Kirby's Epic Yarn did. I don't like the Yoshi's Island egg throw mechanic but I'll soldier through it because I'm such a trooper. Really strange that we get it here in EUland in only 9 days.

- plenty of schoolgirl bosom in that Fire Emblem crossover game, if that's your bag.

- amiibo will bleed me dry. Though fortunately the Pixel Mario is big and pretty ugly (why voxelise it?)

- Animal Crossing left me wondering if it tied into your existing New Leaf town in any way. If it did, I may be interested, depending heavily on price. Though right now I'd prefer to just buy the amiibo (not the cards).

- FE Fates looks great.

- Mario Maker looks like the game to end 2D Mario. Yes, crazy mods have been made but most normies won't have touched them. The rabbit hole of making your own courses won't be as much of a draw as trying out other people's creations. I was vaguely interested before but now it's a day one purch. Especially with that little book.

It was fine. They need a massive announcement from Retro and Next Level before Christmas (and not a DK, though I'm guessing that's where the money is) but I've got plenty to keep myself occupied with until then.

The length of Star Fox will dictate how much I care. I picked up Star Fox 64 3D, finished it in a day and was incredibly disappointed. 

I basically want a Rogue Squadron 3.

Reveal as in revealed the actual name, trailer, etc.

Got you.

I thought it was rather weak even for what it was. Johnny Cash is great, but that's not what I want out of my Mass Effect. That could've been a trailer for el generico game 32. Give me some good Jack Wall and show me people talking.

- Star Fox looks VERY much like Lylat Wars U (or Star Fox 64 U, if you like), with all the pros and cons that entails. I'm surprised just how sparse and cubey it all looks. It's ALMOST like they're intentionally going for that early poly aesthetic, which I think is coming back in vogue. But they're not. The arwing transforming into a walker droid looks cool.

I can almost guarantee that it looks so sparse because it's underpowered hardware rendering two entirely different views. I've seen mention of a noticeable lack of enemies onscreen at once, too.

An aside: nobody else on the internet seems to have mentioned it yet, but Happy Home Designer looks to be the first Animal Crossing game where you can change your character's skin tone. Good job, Nintendo.

a2UGxBt.png

I've heard tell that Star Fox looks "bad" because they wanted to keep 60fps on both screens?

I can totally see why people who really want a new "real" Metroid game would be disappointed in Federation Force, but on its own terms, I think it looks cool. I liked Hunters, and I love futuristic sports! And as far as the baby outrage goes, it makes no sense. It's not like the team working on this would have been the team on a more mainline sequel.

Also, I'm about to be a dad, and I'm excited to play Super Mario Maker with my son someday. I can make some really easy levels for him to play, and we can design stuff together... it looks brilliant.

The "cancel Metroid Prime Federation Force" petition just hit 7500. It's a childish petition that will never amount to anything, but that's an unprecedented amount of backlash for a game that was just announced a day ago.

It's the second hit on Google after the game's wiki page too.

Yeah it's fucking vile. I hate this aspect of the internet. Take away the Metroid Prime part of the title and nobody would even care. Ugh.

Got you.

I thought it was rather weak even for what it was. Johnny Cash is great, but that's not what I want out of my Mass Effect. That could've been a trailer for el generico game 32. Give me some good Jack Wall and show me people talking.

I hadn't actually watched the trailer yet, just got around to it.  Using "Ghost Riders in the Sky" is just the weirdest music for that trailer.  I'm not entirely sure what they were trying to do there. 

But no Krogans, so it sucks, pre-order canceled.

Yeah it's fucking vile. I hate this aspect of the internet. Take away the Metroid Prime part of the title and nobody would even care. Ugh.

That's the weird thing. People keep saying that the game wouldn't have sold if it weren't a Metroid title, but the reaction was significantly more positive when they showed it off as just "Blast Ball." Tacking Metroid onto the title did nothing but make people angry. The petition is an overreaction, but I feel that Nintendo legitimately fucked up here.

Also, it looks like Nintendo was pretty poorly-received in Japan too. Feedback on NicoNico says that 70% of the audience had negative reactions. Ouch.

I just meant they wouldn't be mad about the lack of a Metroid game. Well, they might be, but it would just be the usual whining, not the insanity.

I thought blast ball looked kinda boring, to be honest, but once I saw the other parts of the game I was sold. And then oh it's Metroid. Oh well!

It's a shame because they're obviously in a transition phase, and it's hard to make people happy when you have nothing to show any time soon.

Mario Maker is the only game I've seen this E3 that is a must have for me. Which is perfectly fine. I still have the last 3 years worth of games to get to after I eventually finish everything on my backlog.

There's plenty of other stuff that looks cool I guess but realistically I probably won't touch any of it until 2019.

I feel like they've done a really poor job of explaining what Happy Home Designer really is. Like, what do I get if I don't want to shell out for amiibo cards? Do I just get a small selection of things to do? Do I get a random assortment of animals each day? Are the animals on the amiibo cards exclusive to those cards, or can I eventually get them in-game? Are they just new houses to decorate? This thing is very clearly being just the interior decoration portion of Animal Crossing with a few minor improvements and what effectively amounts to paid, on-disc, blind-bagged DLC; so is it seriously being sold as a full price retail game?

I like what I've seen of it so far, but it also all seems to be adding up to "be prepared to spend loads and loads of money on a very shallow experience."

That petition is at more than 10,000 signatures and is now the top result for the game's title, the sixth for "Metroid Prime," and the third for "Metroid."

geeeez

It's not like the team working on this would have been the team on a more mainline sequel.

This is deeply ironic in hindsight given that Next Level reportedly pitched a mainline Metroid game a couple of years ago.

That petition is at more than 10,000 signatures and is now the top result for the game's title, the sixth for "Metroid Prime," and the third for "Metroid."

geeeez

I'm not unsympathetic - I like Metroid, and I'd love a game that recaptured that Super Metroid feeling - but, like... come on.