Steve Gaynor on the E3 stage! Tacoma!!!!! I'm smitten.

Hot Scoops fulfilling his destiny, as it was foretold in podcasts long ago.

It was all hololens. You can project it on to a wall through the headset (just emulating a flatscreen TV) or you can view a cross section of your world in 3D on a flat surface (a table). When on a table you seem to act more like a god figure, marking areas for other people (who are playing on xbox, pc, surface) and shooting lightning. To be honest it seemed like a pretty tech demo for now, and a cool way to view creations.

Vinny from Giant Bomb suggested doing the dorkiest possible version of that thing where people eat sushi off of naked women.

Thanks for the Minecraft explanation.

Serve me up some impressions of the Battlefront news when it comes through please. I'm particularly interested in similarites to the Battlefield series.

Steve Gaybone

Star Wars got me all excited. Watching some of this stuff makes me feel like we're finally getting the games we dreamed of 10-15 years ago. so cool. Shame I'll be playing the ploughing witcher 3 for the rest of the year

I gather that there was no Titanfall 2 mentioned. That is surprising to me.

Garden Warfare 2 lets you call in a mech and at the end of a match you have to get to a dropship before time runs out, so in a way we did see Titanfall 2.

I wonder if anything gets mentioned at Sony.  That seems like something Sony could give time for, with "hey, this thing is now gonna be over here too".

This Unravel game looks gorgeous:

That Gopher!!!!!!! 

For anyone who wasn't watching it live, the end of this trailer immediately cut to someone in a Garden Warfare 2 zombie mascot costume dancing to "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins. It was the highlight of the show.

FUCCKKKKKK YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FUUUUUUUUCCKKCKC!!!!!

Hell, this Sony's E3 is paradise for crazy believers.  First The Last Guardian (OHHH FUCKK YES!), now Final Fantasy VII remake, unbelievable. 

Talking about their conference, the Firewatch Trailer looked amazing, hyped as fuck now.

EDIT: Ok, Shenmue III now. This is fucked. It's a kickstarter, but the 2 million goal probably is just to see if there's enough demand for the game. Probably Sony will help fund it if they reach the goal.

I think Shenmue has already crashed kickstarter, I can't get to the page.

Didn't the first game cost like 100 million dollars? Lol

Hell, this Sony's E3 is paradise for crazy believers. First The Last Guardian (OHHH FUCKK YES!), now Final Fantasy VII remake, unbelievable.

Talking about their conference, the Firewatch Trailer looked amazing, hyped as fuck now.

EDIT: Ok, Shenmue III now. This is fucked. It's a kickstarter, but the 2 million goal probably is just to see if there's enough demand for the game. Probably Sony will help fund it if they reach the goal.

Is this a troll post =_=

The kickstarter is already at $500k after a few minutes, so I guess it will do just fine. I will probably play it even though I really didn't like number 2 at all.

Hmm maybe I'll pick it up in a steam sale.

The Firewatch trailer had some spoilers that weren't in previous trailers, so avoid that if that's something you're worried about.

At this rate Shenmue will have 750 million dollars of funding before the end of the campaign...Ryo's face looks totally weird.

So with Firewatch at the Sony show and Tacoma at the Microsoft one, have the Idle Thumbs Console Wars begun?

The kickstarter is already at $500k after a few minutes, so I guess it will do just fine. I will probably play it even though I really didn't like number 2 at all.

Hmm maybe I'll pick it up in a steam sale.

I'm sure like Castlevania this thing is already fully funded in house. If Sony put it on stage they've already committed money, and the Kickstarter is just for advertising you pay them for/evangelizing. 

Ubisoft WTF?

Oh it's Trials

the game that put in a bunch of weird background details that led to a lockbox that will be brought to Paris next century so the grandkids of four current Trials players can unlock it and see what's inside

A Rambo cat riding a unicorn firing a golden gun into the air is sort of in line with that series

(although I think that development studio might benefit from just taking their batshit insane ideas and just doing them rather than sticking them in Trials)

Anyway, wow what the fuck E3. This has been crazy. Like, Nintendo announcing Earthbound Zero isn't even going to make the top ten most unexpected announcements at this rate.

(did anyone else notice that Ubisoft managed an E3 first by having two women of colour on their own during their presentation?)

So with Firewatch at the Sony show and Tacoma at the Microsoft one, have the Idle Thumbs Console Wars begun?

ONE TWO THREE FOUR

I DECLARE A THUMB WAR

I don't know why Shenmue needs to be "finished." We've already known how how it ends for years now: