I think the problem here is that you mean 'presenter' as a synonym of 'speaker', where Ubisoft usually gives a microphone to at least one person who should never be given a microphone, whereas I mean 'presenter' as a synonym of the MC, where it's the person who introduces the speakers and acts as the glue of the show. EA's presenters are usually much worse than Ubisoft, although I think everyone's taken a turn.

I know what I mean, and I mean I hate Aisha Tyler's performance during these things.

EA's "the feels" guy from last year was pretty awful though.

I know what I mean, and I mean I hate Aisha Tyler's performance during these things.

Haha, I kind of wanted to hate her in that position, but honestly she's better than almost everyone else. I think most of her shitty lines come from people trying to write clever things for her to say, but it falling flat cause it feels fake? I dunno.

Also at least she's better than what's-his-face, the dude from Community, fuck what's his name, argh. Sort of. I absolutely love his complete mockery of these showy nonsense things. Like when he did that spike tv thing once. And by love I mean, man, that shit deserves some mocking.

I certainly won't begrudge anyone for not liking her. I won't begrudge anyone for disliking any of E3. So much of it is a joke.

Except Nintendo's shit, which is often literally a joke but comes off so endearingly that I love it with all my hearts.

I wonder how much VR news there will be. I am expecting some from Sony and would love Fallout 4 with Oculus support. Also will anyone mention the internet of things?

I expect the Steam Vive will actually be there, and the Sony Morpheus. Not sure what to expect, but it'll be good, I hope.

After Joel McHale and fucking Mr Caffeine I'll take Aisha Tyler on stage any day - to say nothing of the fact that I'd put good money on her being the only woman of color we see onstage the whole week.

I wonder how much VR news there will be. I am expecting some from Sony and would love Fallout 4 with Oculus support. Also will anyone mention the internet of things?

I feel like the "internet of things" has probably had its time and is done as a phrase.  I think it would feel oddly dated to hear it mentioned now. 

I feel like the "internet of things" has probably had its time and is done as a phrase.  I think it would feel oddly dated to hear it mentioned now. 

It could be the new TV for the Microsoft presentation.

All press conferences are bad and terrible and wonderful.

Remember how they also streamed it on repeat for the rest of E3, or something absurd? God it was so glorious.

The lamps are going out all over video games, we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime.

No, I'm excited about E3! But hearing Griffin McElroy and Chris Plante talk about it on The Verge sort of made me realize that even though I've dreamed about going to the show basically since I was a kid, it wouldn't ever live up to what I thought it would be. Maybe I should go to Gamescom.

Maybe I should go to Gamescom.

You should! If sufficient Thumbs were interested in going to Gamescom I would actually show up, as it's the only major games convention on my continent.

I feel like the 2010 Konami conference is the turning point where companies learned to start putting their own employees in the audience so they could be guaranteed some applause.

Remember this?

Fun trivia: Nintendo will almost certainly never partner with Lego. Lego famously took legal action against them for a Lego knockoff they produced back when they were a toy company*, and they recently got pretty involved with K'Nex.

*Not like now. Now the toys have NFC tags.

Yeah, it always gets me down when I see the licence on K'nex. It's FINE, but I'm all about the Lego, not Coolbrix or Bric-a-Blok or whatever other own-brand version comes along. How long ago was the lawsuit? Is there really still bad blood or is Lego less popular in Japan or something?

Seems like Lego Ghostbusters is already slated for Dimensions!

Yeah, it always gets me down when I see the licence on K'nex. It's FINE, but I'm all about the Lego, not Coolbrix or Bric-a-Blok or whatever other own-brand version comes along. How long ago was the lawsuit? Is there really still bad blood or is Lego less popular in Japan or something?

I imagine Legos are popular in Japan, they are huge in Korea. I had to stop a kid in one of my classes from playing with Legos hidden in his backpack on more than one occasion. Fun fact, despite the kids I was teaching having absorbed a lot of the Korean anti-Japanese propaganda they loved Lego Ninja-Go. Maybe they didn't know where ninjas are from.

Scooby Doo has also been announced for Dimensions.  So far I have successfully avoided all these Skylander/Amiibo type games, but Ghostbusters and Scooby Doo both being in Dimensions will probably get me to crack. 

The Oculus Special Live Event due to start in 12 hours!