I finally dropped the roller for N-Zap and boy was it great to have some range! It wasn't too hard to get used to it even though I lost a lot I was at least almost always top ranked?

Do you make more points in ranked matches even if you lose? I kinda want to buy all weapons and clothes. XP

I finally dropped the roller for N-Zap and boy was it great to have some range! It wasn't too hard to get used to it even though I lost a lot I was at least almost always top ranked?

Do you make more points in ranked matches even if you lose? I kinda want to buy all weapons and clothes. XP

You make ZERO points if you lose! :o

You make ZERO points if you lose! :o

You make zero points if you lose via knockout (i.e. their team timer goes down to 0). If the global timer hits 0, then 300 points are split up proportionally according to who held the zones longer, and a large bonus (~1500 points) is awarded to the winner.

Edit: sorry, it's not always 300 points; that just happened to be my most recent game's point split. The points are based on how many seconds you held it, multiplied by 5 I think.

I was gonna try to get used to the motion controls even though they're incredibly frustrating because people seem to like them. But then I got motion sickness from playing this game. I think it's because of the jerky-ass movement from swinging that tablet around.

Also my external hard drive is like really noisy it's stressing me out. I think it might be dying.

Don't want to miss the boat with this - I'll be looking into deals this weekend.

Question: Why is Wiimote+nunchuck not supported? I played the testfire thing and it seemed it could be workable (if not optimal).

The motion controls are just flat out superior to using the stick. You can turn faster, aim more accurately and more rapidly.

It just takes a while to get used to because of years of using the analogue sticks to control. I just forced myself through it and now it feel natural.

Don't want to miss the boat with this - I'll be looking into deals this weekend.

Question: Why is Wiimote+nunchuck not supported? I played the testfire thing and it seemed it could be workable (if not optimal).

You'd lose the ability to use the map to jump to teammates, which can be a huuuuuuge thing when the turf war gets tight! :tup:

Re: Motion controls. I thought it was awkward at first, but then I switched it off and it was just awful! I don't know why, but it just felt much worse to me! Motion control all the way now.

I'm figuratively torn on the controls. At first the motion controls felt awful, so I switched them off, but the vertical sensitivity on the right stick is also awful, and everyone speaks so highly of the motion controls, so now I don't know what I should do!!!!!

I agree - I was rubbish without motion controls. I think a serviceable Wiimote+nunchuck setup could work though. Nunchuck controls exactly like the left hand on the gamepad, the rightstick maps to the D-pad with the motion aiming on the accelerometers. I guess they must have tried it and didn't think it worked, but duct-taping a wiimote to a pro-controller seems like a crazy workaround! Can you jump to teammates using the Pro-controller?

I don't think the Pro Controller is supported in anything but the one on one local Battle Dojo? (Where there's no need for the super jump)

I finally got the game yesterday, yay!

No time to play yesterday or today, oh crap...

Oh well, maybe in the weekend then.

I appreciate that you can have motion controls on or off - I'll probably leave them on, because I generally don't have problems with motion controls, but clearly enough people do that putting it on a stick as well is the best of both worlds.

See everyone likes the motion controls!

But I literally had to physically stop playing and I'm pretty sure it's because of the weird camera movements freaking my brain out our something. Ugh.

Maybe.. you're just not.. fresh enough, Twig?

Stay Freeeeeeeesh! :tup:

I can't watch my partner play using the motion controls. It makes me feel sick because of all the jittery camera movements and her constantly looking at the damn ground.

So I can understand if that's where you're coming from.

Wandered into my local dept. store and saw the boy & girl inkling amiibos. Just sitting there, freshly deposited next to a lonely Diddy Kong. Waiting. Don't own the game yet.

But I do own the amiibos. Good choice?

I got the game last night, and turned the motion controls off after a little while. I think I'll turn 'em on and play more single player. When playing with the stick alone, I thought I was seeing some vertical jumping in my crosshair, does anyone else notice this? 

Professional Tip:

If you are torn on the motion controls, take a break from Turf War and run through the single player with the motion controls on. The first thing I did in Splatoon was the single player, and by the end of it I was so used to motion controls that I cannot imagine playing this game without them.

It's a 4-5 hour campaign, and it's fun as hell. Also, unlock more guns! Kelp Charger 4 lyfe

I've only played single-player so far! I don't actually plan to play multiplayer until I finish the campaign thing.

Hopefully last night was just bad and when I play tonight it won't make me nauseous as heck.

The motion controls felt immediately superior to me. I think maybe because I've played very few post-Halo dual analogue stick shooter games, so I don't have that muscle memory to depend on or fight against.

I hate dual-stick shooter controls more than anything else in all of my life. I adamantly refuse to play most games like that because I know it'll just be a never-ending exercise in frustration.

Try playing with the sensitivity, also. Higher sensitivity felt better to me, since that meant I only needed to tilt my hands slightly. But that might just make the nausea worse! :sad:

Does anybody know if the ink mine is worthless or not? If you can have only one... I don't see how. 

I'm used to the motion controls too, but I played the campaign too.

The ink mine seems really situational.  It does explode on its own after a short period of time if no one triggers it, but it also takes a second to explode so if someone steps on one mid-stride and keeps trucking along, they won't actually be hit by it.  I think it's one of those things that works better in Splat Zones than Turf Wars since you have a better idea of where exactly folks are going to be.  I mostly found it useful to dissuade people from using a certain entrance to an area, but most of the other bombs do that just as well.  I suppose it lets you do it without draining your ink during a firefight though.