Tanukitsune

What's the worst you've done in a videogame?

Although I'm pretty sure we all agree that games don't make pyscho and I definetely don't want to start a thread on that topic (for now), but we HAVE done horrible things.... In video games, of course! :mock:

So tell us what's the worst thing you've done... and we'll send a SWAT team after you, you little monster!

I'm afraid I've done a very bad thing myself...

In a game called Rampage World Tour, you play a Godzilla-like creature and go destroying cities all over the world...

One of the cities I "visited" was the Vatican.... and... I... ate The Pope.... :innocent:

I didn't think the game would let me, but it did! Of course, immediately after that the monster got struck by lightning!

Oh yeah, I also ate some nuns and got the same result...

:deranged:

Wow, that's a good question! I'm doing my best now to think of something... I guess whenever I get fed up with Morrowind after hours of faithful roleplaying, I usually go out and kill everyone I encounter, including all the people I worked so hard for to please and be friends with. Even though I don't save those little frenzied sessions of course, I always do feel a bit bad about it, like I'm betraying them. Even though they will have 'forgotten' everything when I load up a savegame...

I wanted to explore the area outside the station in Doom 3 so I used 'god mode' and walked outside where there is very little oxygen, so I let the guy choke for minutes. He didn't die though, just made choke sounds, and some painful sounds when oxygen level reached -15. Is this the worst I've done? No? I've hit, well run over "few" people and cops with car/truck/bike a in Vice City. Oh, I recently played "Kid Icarus" on NES 8bit. I jumped so he got killed on purpose. Oh oh oh, I've mutaled Lemmings in the Amiga Lemmings series. You know, the button where there is a "boom" symbol. Or, better described, a "pop" symbol, cause they go: "pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!-pop!" oh no! I killed the Lemmings!

I keep being Evil in Fable on accident, thanks to the wonderful auto-target system...

again baldur's gate 2: i think i killed my...hmm...confidant (?) in baldur's gate 2 twice while i started playing it in chapter 1. but i was so totally drunken that i can't remember exactly so i started the sentence before with i think. but i must have done something like that, because my character lost 2 points in constitution somehow. games + alcohol is a very complex topic.

Black & White: picked up the misanthropic hermit and threw him into the sea. I had tried helping him out but he didn't appreciate it and yelled at me and I got pissed. Kinda felt bad after, I could have just left him alone.

Fable: accidentally killed an innocent traveller while using magic to get rid of some nasty hobbes in the woods.

Grand Theft Auto 3: would hit and kill the occasional old lady with shopping bags. Not my fault! I was in a hurry driving somewhere. Sometimes I'd punch some random Joe on the street and have him chase me two blocks. I also like hanging around during fist fights and stealing the money off the losers' dead bodies.

Tomb Raider The Last Revelation: used a walkthrough during the last few levels. Hey, I just got tired of all the puzzles, okay? Also, I would kill Lara on purpose 'cause I liked her death screams and moans.

Undying: used god mode in the final boss fight, which was really lame and disappointing. Did I feel guilty? Shit no!

I stole Wally's monacle in Monkey Island 2.

But, come on guys, we've all been there right?

Finally, I can post. First of all, I apologise for grammar and/or spelling mistakes.

Well, I remember playing Carmaggedon 2 demo, trying to do "combos", which means trying to smash the most pedestrians, in the most unprobable way, and with the best "style" possible. That was shamefully funny, I admit.

But it's obvious RPG have the greatest potential to express our wickedness. I've scheduled to replay SW:KotOR on the dark side at Christmas.

The worst thing i have ever done in a game hmm..... It would have to be the 100,000 or so civilians i have killed in my many hours of playing GTA:Vice City. Id like to say i feel bad about it, but that just would not be true. :grin:

Finally, I can post. First of all, I apologise for grammar and/or spelling mistakes.

Well, I remember playing Carmaggedon 2 demo, trying to do "combos", which means trying to smash the most pedestrians, in the most unprobable way, and with the best "style" possible. That was shamefully funny, I admit.

But it's obvious RPG have the greatest potential to express our wickedness. I've scheduled to replay SW:KotOR on the dark side at Christmas.

uhhhh...kotor on the evil side where you

kill half of your crew and your skin turns so healthy pale and evvvvilllllll in the end...

:D

oh...and another baldur's gate story, now concerning baldur's gate 1: i wanted to have minsc in my group but didn't want his girlfriend to join, because she was pretty useless for me and i already had an excellent (evviillllll) magician. the bad thing was that minsc only joins when you take his girlfriend too (in your group! as a member! nothing sexually... ;) ). so i took his girlfriend, took away all her inventory items and let her run right into a bunch of evil creatures. almost naked and defenceless. and then these evilll creatures attacked her and she died, because of this...ahm..."accident", while minsc cried "noooooo! nooooo!!!" while she was dying. but he stayed in my group. without his useless girlfriend. :owned:

I can't think of much evil I've done, really, besides causing as much pain and suffering as possible in GTA VC, but is there someone who hasn't done that? That actually gets boring after a while though, but there's not much else to do after you've achieved 100% completion.

I'm sure I've done something evil in the Baldur's Gate or Gothic series, but can't remember because I usually decided to reaload soon after -- I always played a neutral or good character.

In Gothic 1 I took Mud to a cave and killed him. But that's also almost guaranteed to happen, because he gets really annoying and follows you around, asking stupid questions all the time and destroying your groove.

The Images, THE IMAGES!

Anyway...

Um.. The ending of Ico:

When you slaugther those other hored boys to get to Yorda. It's so oddly moving because you don't really know what you are doing until you are halfway though the act, and I'm not even shure what happened now.

Heh, great topic for a thread :) Slightly disappointed by most of the answers so far though, with the obvious exception of the 'Game Over' one :clap: You really could see her nipple on that infamous image! Unfortunately, I admit that I'm adverse to being immoral in games, and tend to confine my evil thoughts completely within the safe confines of my mind (where anything goes).

While testing a port of Tomb Raider 1 to the point of mind-numbing insantiy a while ago, I must have swan dived sooo many times just to kill Lara with that perfectly aesthetic silent, gracefull dive, to instant neckcracking thump 'n slump. Camera angles were the key, and favourites were: diving off the top of the Sphinx halfway through the game (preferably immediately after loading from a save in said area for extra camera-panning bonus points). Wielding twin uzi's and firing them whilst falling upside down towards the lava whilst fighting the huge legless boss-thing near the end. The muzzel flares looked like mini-rocket jets propelling her to her doom. The simplest one though was in her training mansion in an area with a short, twin staircase, and a passagway underneath with several wooden crates. Stand on the left side (from Lara's POV) of the balcony above the passage, face the railing, jump backwards once, then swan dive forwards. The confined space below means that after cracking her neck, the camera slowly and gracefully descends until looking down the entire length of her dead, face-up body, from right beside her shoulder. So beautiful in her eternal slumber.

On a related note, one of my friends used to love larking around in the ASCII character rogue-like, ADOM. He'd particularly like entering the nearest village, and throwing wooden sticks, gold coins and leather shoes at the innocent children until they either died, or the townsfolk set upon him and chased him out of town.

ohhhh, ahhhhhh, very hard indeed. So many.

I'll throw one in from my collection :grin:

Building up a huge city in Sim City just to cause disaster after disaster while simultaniously bulldozing random areas. If only those thousands of helpless people where real. :innocent:

Hmm, come to think of it maybe I should have said - repeatedly punishing my little puppy in that superb game :shifty: Dogz.

Walling two or three Sims into a room with no doors or windows and nothing but a coffee pot is a bit of a classic.

hmmm lets see.

killing a class of children, murdering a whole town in order to buy all the houses and make profit - fable.

killing the lost brother of a crying woman, bringing back his dead body and watch her die from sadness - black and white

making a swimming pool getting everyone round then removing the ladder and watching them drown - the sims.

drowning sonic *sniff* it still brings tears to my eyes!!!

drowning sonic *sniff* it still brings tears to my eyes!!!

awwww, awwww, you had to go and... awwww :\

Oh yeah, I suppose kneeling over a fresh corpse, taking out the knife, and carefully attempting to slice off each of the 27 detachable hit zones in Soldier of Fortune 2 must seem pretty sick to some people. Of course, time was a factor as the parts and main body mass would disappear after a while. Lighting was also not always ideal and if the body hadn't fallen quite so, sometimes the cuts just didn't fall right. Occasionally, removed parts would actually bounce of a nearby wall and interfere with the remaining sections of cadaver. Of course, many was the experiment also foiled by ne'erdowells who would round the corner seeking the source of the slicing sounds... much to their short-lived horror.

With such poor working conditions, was it any wonder I had to try this on a LOT of corpses before reaching my satisfaction. Still, I failed to remember this on my last post as I don't feel this was immoral in any way. I wasn't taking perverse pleasure out of it, I was 'testing', ok?? :shifty:

I just married a guy in Fable.

EDIT: This should not be considered an entry in this thread...