Sign in to follow this  
Flynn

Famous video games in Conversation

2c3r70T.png

I wasn't sold at first, but both of these are pretty great.

I feel a bit bad that so many involve Jonathan Blow.  He seems quite friendly and laid back honestly, especially on stream, he's been quoted badly a few times in the past and it created a bizarre image.

Eh, Blow's been doing a fine job of ruining his image all by himself lately, without any intermediaries to quote him at all. 

He got all sorts of bent out of shape and sounded like a true gamergater after a woman wrote a piece about how the de facto dress standards of the gaming industry can be exclusionary to non-white-dudes.  You can find some of his responses in this thread.

It's one thing to disagree with the premise or conclusion of that article, but he just comes off as a condescending asshat who refuses to even consider any perspective that's not his own. 

A few months ago he said some other shitty things about feminism, but I'd have to do a bit more work to track that down.

He basically, IIRC, pulled the whole "feminism is bad because it's only about women" thing? I may be mixing it up with someone else around the same period, but, yes, he definitely keeps putting his foot in his mouth.

Which makes me super sad because I always liked him a lot. ):

Found a couple of examples for the fun of it.

The links go to threads where the context of the quotes come from.

The pattern seems to be that women say things he doesn't like, so he labels them "internet feminists" and dismisses them as evil, foolish or insecure.