Jake

Idle Thumbs 209: Ten Percent Success Rate

GTA V has many wonderful mods. Here's a video of one that replaces bullets with cars. The creator of the video also happend to have the animal bodies mod installed at the same time because he's got some excellent taste.

I don't think making place names possessive is a uniquely New York thing. It's big in Atlanta, too. Even Ruth's Chris turns into Ruth's Chris's. It's vaguely ridiculous.

Honestly the animation reuse annoys the hell out of me because animation plays such a big part in bringing a character to life. I think one of the reasons why The Secret World works as well as it does, despite the goofy way that your character never talks and everyone else monologues at you, is that all of those monologues have custom animation. People do things in the environment.

It's so weirdly wooden to see two characters stand there and gesture at each other.

The GTA PC mod community fascinates, enthralls, and terrifies me in the same way but at the exact opposite of the spectrum to the way that EVE does.

Danielle: Sarah Shahi has recently been amazing on Person Of Interest - I recommend watching the series, it's excellent (warning: the first 6 episodes or so are merely fine) - and she was also in that Sylvester Stallone film Bullet To The Head (directed by Walter Hill, unrelated to the John Woo film), but iirc she has very little to do in that film plus a weird bit of utterly gratuitous nudity.

(If anyone replies about PoI, PLEASE NO SPOILERS for the latest season, I haven't finished it yet!)

tumblr_nnvjrhhb5b1slik4to1_500.gif

fuck what you heard

A) I want to put this on the new page because I really like this gif and this post

B) Because of how often I wanted to be able to just get to the start of this song, I made a url: http://tinyurl.com/dmxthuglife that just takes you right there

C) ok this is the only time I'm not going to to go out of my way to change that stupid sunglasses smiley face

Oh, if Chris is going to keep doing different versions of this theme tune, I think it'd be cool to replace him saying "video games" with each host saying it once in a deadpan monotone. 

Yep, I ate at Peter Luger...'s and it was really great but I had no idea it was Peter Luger until just now. THAT'S JUST HOW THIS SHIT WORKS. 

This is why I do it too! East coast language stuff is, as we say in my homeland, WEEEAHD.

(translation: weird)

Gary Danko is the restaurant. Gary Dank-Os is their spinoff medical marijuana dispensary/doughnut shop.

#sorrynotsorry

Danielle: Sarah Shahi has recently been amazing on Person Of Interest - I recommend watching the series, it's excellent (warning: the first 6 episodes or so are merely fine)

Don't know if it counts as spoiler or not but

her character has been absent for a lot of the current season, and she probably won't feature much in the future due to Shahi giving birth to twins

Despite the restaurant's apparent classiness, Gary Danko's website looks cheaper than the website of the falafel van I get my lunch from. An early-'00s style Flash intro, resolution locked to 640x480 in the top left corner, and inexplicable header images that scroll when you mouseover them. I love it.

EDIT: On the subject of possessive restaurant names, basically everyone in the UK refers to Wagamama, the chain of Japanese-style noodle restaurants, as Wagamama's. Presumably because 'mama' at the end sounds like Mamma, and Waga Mamma sounds like a person.

EDIT: On the subject of possessive restaurant names, basically everyone in the UK refers to Wagamama, the chain of Japanese-style noodle restaurants, as Wagamama's. Presumably because 'mama' at the end sounds like Mamma, and Waga Mamma sounds like a person.

I believe it should be Waga's Mama

Danielle: Sarah Shahi has recently been amazing on Person Of Interest - I recommend watching the series, it's excellent (warning: the first 6 episodes or so are merely fine) - and she was also in that Sylvester Stallone film Bullet To The Head (directed by Walter Hill, unrelated to the John Woo film), but iirc she has very little to do in that film plus a weird bit of utterly gratuitous nudity.

(If anyone replies about PoI, PLEASE NO SPOILERS for the latest season, I haven't finished it yet!)

More Sarah Shahi news for Danielle.

I just realized that Gary Danko was not the bassist for The Band. That was Rick Danko. I listened to this whole cast (twice!) thinking that the bassist from The Band had started a really fancy restaurant.