Erkki

Painting tabletop miniatures

So it happened, I ordered the Heroquest 25th anniversary edition that's only legal in Spain. In case it ever arrives, I will have to get back into miniature painting pretty quickly. Hey, it's only been... what... oh, yeah. Half my life. 20 years. Uh-oh.

I kinda want to get some 40K minis to play Shadow War: Armageddon. It's basically Necromunda, but you make small teams from the 40K factions. 

Never use spray matte varnishes!!!!!!!!

okay that's just me being bitter 'cause i messed it up real bad and my war wagon got really frosty

a second coat a couple days later after i stopped crying helped a lot, though it's still a bit muted

anyway here yay i did it

War Wagon  1

10 hours ago, Twig said:

okay that's just me being bitter 'cause i messed it up real bad and my war wagon got really frosty

a second coat a couple days later after i stopped crying helped a lot, though it's still a bit muted

anyway here yay i did it

War Wagon  1

very nice!

On 6/29/2017 at 10:33 PM, Twig said:

anyway here yay i did it

War Wagon  1

Wow!  That came out great.  I've just been getting back into this lately.  I used to paint little D&D characters when I was like 14 years old (which was a wicked long time ago).

I started out by painting my Dark Souls: The Board Game player characters... I'm working on the Gargoyle right now:

darksouls-bgg2.jpg

darksouls-bgg1.jpg

Thanks!

Those looks great. I have that game but haven't had a chance to play it, yet, haha. I think I need to know if I like the game before I paint them.

But also maybe not 'cause I at least love the video game and it'd be cool to have painted minis just for that reason. U:

On 7/8/2017 at 3:22 PM, AnalogHole said:

Wow!  That came out great.  I've just been getting back into this lately.  I used to paint little D&D characters when I was like 14 years old (which was a wicked long time ago).

I started out by painting my Dark Souls: The Board Game player characters... I'm working on the Gargoyle right now:

Wow wow wow, those are so cleanly done, nice job!

Calandra Comin' at Ya

Calandra Front

Calandra Back

i learned a lot painting this one

1) start with a darker base for cloth cause i find it way easier to glaze to lighter colors than vice versa
2) glow effects! first attempt and they turned out super nice
3) i hate working with yellow so much

and yeah yeah i know her left arm's elbow is a bit botched, it's glue scars ):

On 7/14/2017 at 10:55 AM, YoThatLimp said:

Wow wow wow, those are so cleanly done, nice job!

Thanks!  I'm happy how they came out.

That trollblood came out nice!  That pose if pretty funny.  Well done.

Ooookay I've finally finished painting my Extreme Dire Troll Mauler, which I started literally months ago, before I broke my leg and had to go to the hospital and recovered enough to start working again.

PHEW.

24556933038_e3ce6f216a_b.jpg

It's pretty harshly colored, but that's kinda what I was going for and I think it's okay? Part I'm least happy about is maybe the orange... protrusions. Whatever they're called. Trollbloods are weird. Anyway it looks more messy than I was hoping for. But it's not the worst thing I've done!

I think it looks awesome! 

My City of Heroes character had the same color scheme. There's something gross in a good way about orange and purple, it really squeezes the ol' eyeballs.

I like the way the highlights came out on his weird protuberances.