Sign in to follow this  
riadsala

Things to look forward to?

Paradox are teasing Project Augustus at the moment: they will release a teaser everyday until gamescon. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/project-augustus.900/

I'm hoping for Victoria 3 but it could be anything :)

"This will be our first new major IP released since the original Crusader Kings over 10 years ago."

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/augustus-teaser-1-23rd-of-july-2015.872437/

"Seven and Three are important numbers."

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/augustus-teaser-2-24th-of-july-2015.872646/

Sounds like it will be an entirely new game not a sequel. Not sure what to make of these numbers.

Oh yeah, you are right, they say "new major IP," so it can't be a sequel.

I'm loving all the theories:

"Seven and Three are famous as magical numbers but I doubt their next major IP will be a fantasy game. Seven and Three are the months March and July both have very strong connections to Rome. the numbers connection to the Warring states period should also be noted, as it was just before the rise of Rome it could be possible the game includes both.

Another interesting fact I have found that have not been mentioned. We know that some paradox employes seems fond of total war games. A quick check on Wikipedia reveals that the Third Total war game was Rome: Total War and if you discount Napoleon Total War as a stand alone expansion, guess what the Seventh game in the total war series is. It is Total war Rome II ;)

Both hints seems to point at a GSG set in some time Rome existed, it could very well start in late bc or early ad and end around 700 ad which would in that case be about the rise of the empire and migration eras and thus connect it to the other games."

It's looking quite impressive, and I'm much more sold on it as actual gameplay than the battle for carthage ones for Rome 2.

But I guess Gorm won't be too pleased about giant units being stuck in special animations like the wyvern eating animation ;)

But I guess Gorm won't be too pleased about giant units being stuck in special animations like the wyvern eating animation ;)

I'm just imagining it being vastly more efficient to micro the giant units to break them out of their animations as soon as possible, and the thought makes me never want to play a "cinematic" strategy game again...

I'm just imagining it being vastly more efficient to micro the giant units to break them out of their animations as soon as possible, and the thought makes me never want to play a "cinematic" strategy game again...

Oh dang it you just brought up nightmares about elephant unit micro tricks in Rome 2 :x

Yeah, I too wonder what Gormongous would think too XD. Anyway, given it is a pre-alpha, it already look way better Rome 2 did in its early videos (or even empire) and overall it fits on the theme/setting* (now I just trying to remember how monster/giant units worked on King Arthur, but I think none of them had anything and overall they just blob and breaked formations much more that rome 2 would ever dream**).

* Dawn of War 1 had this kind of stuff too and in even larger scale and time for animations (did anyone remember the animation for the force commander killing a deamon?), it worked there, but I could see people that played in a more profissional/competitive mindset begin annoyed by it.

* This was kind made worst by the fact that many units had very large shields, so even seeing your knight of the round table in middle of the unit was near impossible (also because weird camera controls).

Now, I am really curious is for Endless Space 2, if they use again the great ability for faction design, like they did on Endless Legend, it would be great.

Oh, by the way - there is a new hint for Project Augustus:

Elections and Technological Development are important parts of the game.

That demo (or whatever you want to call it) finally makes me think I might get round to playing a total war game......

Well, as I've bought every TW game and dlc since the first Shogun game came out (imagine how scarred I am by now!) I guess I'll be buying Warhammer. From a strategy perspective there's also Xcom 2, Anno 2070, Masters of Orion and the Pillars of Eternity expansion on the horizon too.

Sadly, I have too many games and too little time as it is.  

I thought Planetary Annihilation was the spiritual successor to Supreme Commander which was the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation?

I thought Planetary Annihilation was the spiritual successor to Supreme Commander which was the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation?

But PA is not nearly as good as Sup Comm ;)

Ok, I did just watched a stream done by Koei of America of Nobunaga´s Ambition - ( http://www.twitch.tv/koeitecmoamerica might still by in archive somewhere) and turned out they are playing the Steam version, which looks great in performance, I guess  they learned to make ports (Toukiden got a really lousy port*), because even the One Piece Musou game actually is begin praised in on steam right now and got positive notes (92%). Anyway, the release date is 1 of setember, it will at discount on the first week.

Oh, Might and Magic Heroes VII will be released around setember too, but I am very cautious optimistic about it.

* DW 8 had ok port, DW Empires ok (played a lot of both games, which are among my favorites), however Toukiden and Bladestorm had bad ones, in fact Toukiden was the first game I had to ask refund, no idea about Bladestorm, since I don´t have it.

Dang it's not there in the past broadcast~

But PA is not nearly as good as Sup Comm ;)

At this rate I may end up preferring PA:Titans over Sup Comm~

Valorian you are so on top of these things~!

And dang that game looks good.  DANG good, like this sweet perfect mixture of RTK series and TW!

I played a ton of Stronghold as a kid! I was so into that game, but I am assuming it doesn't hold up at all hahaha.

I played a ton of Stronghold as a kid! I was so into that game, but I am assuming it doesn't hold up at all hahaha.

I wonder that too, I did pick up Dungeon Hack, and found out that didn´t hold too well....

Anyway - Heroes VII is out, but so little reviews and steam user reviews don´t look very good (41%), but is hard to tell if people are giving lower rates due game actual issues, bitterness over uplay and previous heroes games or a mixed of all (which I find mostly likely....). I was divided between Heroes VII and Samurai Warriors 4 II and choose the Samurai Warriors once the steam review showed up. Still I might give a chance once there where more reviews.

I fell into the uPlay trap last time I played Heroes of Might and Magic so I'll pass this time. Also I found King's Bounty which was enough Heroes to last me a while anyway.

I am looking forward to endless space 2. Amplitude made huge steps in their endless legend release, but they did loose sight of their core goal of an empire development game. Also, they make constant patches, game teaks, and rebalances to improve play. Endless legend is an amazing game to play today BC of their constant attention. They are going to take everything they learn and push it forward. Also, the are newish studio, so they aren't held back like 2K and the shadow of CIV 5.

The tech system in endless legend was a suprise and inventive. Also, the art is new and different. It adds a real style.

Here is the preview

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1nttzQV9I8

Well this just show up on the Steam database - It is the Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13

https://steamdb.info/app/363150/subs/

And also, below you can find a trailer, however the release date have been chanced to 2016:

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/romance-three-kingdoms-13-debut-trailer-english-localization-announced-asia

Talking about Koei, there appear to be more Nobunaga´s Ambition on the way: However I don´t get if this is a expansion or a new game. Anyway, it will be based on the Campaign of Osaka and specially in the Sanada Maru TV drama. Also it will be more focused in take the role of military commander.

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/nobunagas-ambition-sphere-influence-sengoku-risshiden-announced

The page for the Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 is up and release is 27 of january, however it only the japanese and traditional chinese version - which is much like what happened with Nobunaga, which showed first with the version for Asia and later the english version did show up. So I wonder how much time it will take until (and if) for the RoTK english version (which still appear on the steam database - https://steamdb.info/sub/65231/). I guess, that somewhere after Arslan: Warriors of Legend, which is due next month and also begin ported to pc and is promoted up and down by Koei (that port came out of nowhere, not that I am complaning, as I am a big fan of the anime).

On other news, Disgaea, a SRPG, is coming to pc in the next month, the version is the Hour of Darness (the first game) plus the expansion Afternoon of Darkness along with some new stuff (such as improved graphics).