Sign in to follow this  
ari

[Release] Poopwater, New Mexico

this is the first game thing i have ever made. it is about being a jetski and dodging poop along a river (episode)

it was made in gamemaker

i tried to go for aesthetics more than gameplay but you can very easily tell where i started slacking off and had to rush everything out in the last 5 hours (it doesn't even have an icon or a different window title!!!! and would you look at that explosion (to be fair i had to study for tests this week during the same week i spent making this))

the game is based on getting a high score with a really high multiplier which is increased every 3 poops dodged and tripled whenever you are going at full speed, but reset to x1 whenever you take a hit. it is either too easy or too hard i'm not sure. tips on balancing are what i'd appreciate the most

rp5Z7O.png

PudZNR.png

download

This was silly and kinda fun. A little too easy, though! Mostly you can just stay at the top or the bottom of the screen and only move to avoid the topmost or bottommost poops. I liked the art and music though!

Also I found a bug: If you die and restart the game, your health doesn't get reset, so the game thinks you're already dead.

This was silly and kinda fun. A little too easy, though! Mostly you can just stay at the top or the bottom of the screen and only move to avoid the topmost or bottommost poops. I liked the art and music though!

Also I found a bug: If you die and restart the game, your health doesn't get reset, so the game thinks you're already dead.

figures i'd miss that, i -was- wondering what the 'persistent' option for GM rooms was. fixed http://aritsune.itch.io/poopwater-new-mexico

as for the difficulty, i figured getting really high scores would be enough incentive to not camp but i guess it is 2015. whenever your jetski is pulled up your multiplier is tripled, and your multiplier falls off by 1 every few seconds you're not in that state. even then i would like to come up with a better reason to play more actively (or maybe just push people to the center after they've been there too long)

getting a high score with a really high multiplier which is increased every 3 poops dodged

:tup:

Suuuper pretty. Those gradients. As the Thumbs might squeak, "So good". And I even managed to get a score of 102800, which is probably the highest score I've ever got in anything ever, so that's made my day. =)

--Rev

Sign in to follow this