Ben X

[Release] Bublé Bloodborne Bloodbeef

Thanks! Um, if someone could fly around the planet real quick to turn back time, that'd be great. Or create a purely visual editor for AGS.

But srsly, a chiptune or similar version of a Buble song would be amazing. And I may have to ask a load of noob AGS questions. All else is too late to practically ask for!

Oh, I also expect I will need AGS/itchio-specific advice on making the game available to everyone online...

oYu8vXP.png

Honestly, I don't think it'll get much more complicated than this! I need to find a good tutorial for making a cutscene (nothing fancy, just having a character walk onto screen, say some shit and leave again) and basic item use, and then I'll just make as much game as I can in a day and see what comes of it.

Oh, man!

Tutorial-wise, this is what I watched while making my pointandclick jam game: 

He gets into stuff like very simple cutscenes and such and it's mostly very beginner friendly.

Yep, that's what I'm going through now! To be honest, I'm probably going to end up spending most of the day watching these and then have very little time left to actually create a game, so it will probably end up being about a minute long!

EDIT: the only problem with those tutorials is that the audio stuff has all changed in the new version, and it hasn't been annotated on the video or anything. Same issue I had following those tutorial games with Unity 5!

Dammit, resetting my computer caused AGS to throw a benny over screen resolutions and I just wasted 90 minutes of polish time sorting it out.

After basically starting to learn AGS and basic coding from scratch 16 hours ago, I have released the game! It's not up to much, but it's short, it's the only AGS game of the jam (I think?) and it got us all the way up to the most recent episode title.

My only regret is that if I'd had the full two and a bit weeks, and recruited someone for art, I could have made a pretty impressive entry.

Oh well. Enjoy!

https://timegentleman.itch.io/bubl-bloodborne-bloodbeef

This was great! I laughed all the way through. I feel like Jake was slightly mischaracterised, but Michael Bublé was pitch-perfect.

Phew, thanks! Glad you enjoyed it and that at least Buble's character worked. I tried to keep him consistent and not exactly the same as the Ben character from BTDT/TGP. I did rush the Jake character a bit and changed his story role near the end of development!

This was fun! Though I did also showcase my inability to play adventure games when I had no idea what to do with the letter despite being certain that I'd clicked on everything with everything else.

Ha ha, there are only three items in the entire game! Glad you enjoyed it :)

This was fun! Though I did also showcase my inability to play adventure games when I had no idea what to do with the letter despite being certain that I'd clicked on everything with everything else.

I also had this problem, but all the writing I saw doing that was funny and charming.

Wait, is this something wrong with the game then (not unlikely)? You literally have only two items you can use on the letter!

Glad you enjoyed the writing! (No one has mentioned the top-quality bespoke Jake animation yet *sadface*)

I think I tried the letter in the door and the letter on the Jake and Buble wasn't really down with either.

Ahhh, okay! Very gradual hints:

Hint 1:

You need something to open the letter with.

Hint 2:

There's nothing out here, maybe try inside the club?

Hint 3:

It's locked! Notice anything in particular about the keyhole?

Hint 4:

It's massive! Maybe there's something big and key-like around that could fit in there...

Hint 5:

Sayyyy, those antlers on Jake's hat look kind of like big keys.

Solution:

Ask Jake about Canada, then about his hat, then ask him for the hat, then use it on the door.