melmer

UK Thumbs

That's the one. It's fantastic.

Off to vote today, remember to put your X next to "YES" for Welsh Reunification!

So, after double checking - apparently because I pay council tax and am registered letter, I am a registered voter in the town I live in. So, I am not shit out of luck after all!

Had a bit of a panic about where my polling station was but I am now committed to going there after work to vote for the first time ever. Looking at the split Lib Dems, Labout and Conservatives all have a chance of getting in, but I've decided to just vote Green anyway. My vote hasn't been worth shit for 17 years so voting for an outlier seems a better way of registering my discontent.

I posted this on my Facebook with my UKIP mate tagged and he blocked me, happy days.

"You find out who your mates are when you make fun of them for running for UKIP. Most of mine didn't want to be associated with me."

Sorry it's been a shitty situation with that guy. He sounds like a jerk.

Among other things, this election is making me seriously consider finally getting British citizenship. Not just so that I can vote, but also simply as protection against the direction of policy changes at the moment.

Most interesting thing I have read about the election is based on a Yougov pole Cameron could cobble together 324 MPs with the Lib-Dem and DUP's It's 2 short but cause Sinn Fein's 5 seats don't count cause they don't sit  324 is one over 323. Now I wish SF to take the seats to see what kind of crazy shit will down here and in the North politics wish.

As a mildly related quick poll, how many of you UKers is aware of how to properly pronounce Sinn Féin? I'm unsure how often it comes up on your media so I'm curious if you say it as sin fen instead of Shin Feign (which is essentially correct).

I think it's pretty well known that it's Shin Feign, it's all the other weird Irish words and names that are the problem.

Woke up to election news on the radio this morning. Not thrilled.

Sure, UKIP haven't actually won much yet, but apparently they got 10% or more of the vote. If that's accurate, it's distressing to know that that's how so many of the people around me are thinking.

And my constituency went from Lib Dem to Conservative. Arse.

Looks like the Tories almost have a majority. Who the hell looked at the last five years and thought "We need to be even more right wing"?

On the bright side, I'm Scottish and the SNP have done ludicrously well.

Fuck these fucking election results. I thought only two UKIP seats was a good thing, until I saw that they had 12% of the vote share.

Four more years of Tory bullshit. The NHS is fucked.

As a mildly related quick poll, how many of you UKers is aware of how to properly pronounce Sinn Féin? I'm unsure how often it comes up on your media so I'm curious if you say it as sin fen instead of Shin Feign (which is essentially correct).

I knew, but I grew up in Ireland!

I've only ever heard it as Shin Feign.

What a weird feeling. Forces of darkness in power again but for the first time in my life the candidate I voted for actually won (34% swing!), and thousands of Scottish Labour voters finally turned their back on them. I wonder how it'll all pan out.

I had an interview in Edinburgh earlier in the week, now I'm doubly hoping I get the job. 

Ní thugim! An bhfuil tú amadán!? Is maith liom cáca milís agus Baile Átha Cliath.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Can I ask for political asylum in Scotland?

What a brilliant idea.

Some cop editor thanked the lord when they realised they got to write the headline "Balls sacked".

Let me tell you, I will know how you all feel when Tony Abbott inexplicably wins a second term, and he will, because there is a god and He hates us.