melmer

UK Thumbs

The list is correct although I don't actually drink tea anymore.

Back to the election, I wonder if this Telegraph business list thing will turn into a full blown scandal. Probably not even though it's rather shady because it's Britain and we prefer stories about kitchens and bacon sarnies. 

I don't like tea.

Caus it's foreign?

Also, in an act of delayed retribution, i'm going to occupy this thread for a couple of hundred years.

Also, i align with labour apparently.

Caus it's foreign?

If I didn't eat or drink foreign cuisine in England, I'd have a pretty limited diet.

Its called the UKIP diet.

The BNP diet is where you also don't eat anything that casts a shadow in a forigen country.

Wait, I have to register? In what circumstances do I have to do that.

What if I got a bunch of letters telling me that they know where I live, what my name is etc. and they expect me to vote? Does that mean I didn't have to register?

Wait, I have to register? In what circumstances do I have to do that.

What if I got a bunch of letters telling me that they know where I live, what my name is etc. and they expect me to vote? Does that mean I didn't have to register?

You should be able to call up your local council and ask them if you're registered. If you're not registered then you're out of luck, you've missed the deadline. But for next time, it's a really easy process, it only takes a few minutes. https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Brazilian citizen, so I can't vote for anything. But seriously, people, go vote. Even if your vote is "useless", even if it makes no difference. Go there. The whole "no point in voting" discourse only helps those who always win. 

Twinings English Breakfast is splendid and the only tea I will drink, which is pretty much the end of that matter.

You should be able to call up your local council and ask them if you're registered. If you're not registered then you're out of luck, you've missed the deadline. But for next time, it's a really easy process, it only takes a few minutes. https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Cheers, I get so much mail reminding me to vote I just assumed that was sufficient that they knew I existed. When people sent me reminders I assumed I was already registered. So, I am likely shit out of luck.

I don't like tea.

Seconded. Fuck the police.

I haven't had a good bovril in years. Now that's the king of brews.

Those were the days. Driving up to Mr T's burger van at the dead of night to burn our mouths on molten hot sloppy burgers and a mug of scalding bovril (you had to return the mug). One time the vendor of dubious nationality educated us in the ways of bovril by exclaiming with disgust "your drinking cows blood" or the way he put it "it's the blaad, it's the blaaaaaaad". To which we replied "you fuckin sell it mate" before ceremoniously taking a slash around the back of the van

I'm disgusted in the both of you. Where's your British pride? 

I drink tea, but it's pretty rare. Coffee really is the king of hot drinks. 

I drink tea, but it's pretty rare. 

You can find it in most supermarkets.

I had a day trip to London so can I get a honorary pass to this thread?

Regardless, i have come to the following conclusions -

Weather sucks (although after 3 sun came out, so only partially true)

Traffic's worse

USD needs to figure its shit out

Otherwise gorgeous city and on our list to return for a longer stint. Hopefully one that would allow for out of city exploration

Not the ones I go to. 

So you either go to super posh supermarkets or Lidl?

As you're from Manchester, I'm going to suppose the latter. *regional burn*

Honestly, I went into Lidl the other day and it was like going into a visitor's room in a prison. We laughed at the creppy cereal boxes and left. Never again.

I get these little tiddy carrot-vegetable-fruit juice boxes that you put a straw in, but instead I put them in the freezer and eat them with a spork, it's devine.

You eat frozen vegetable/fruit drinks with a spork? I erm, no I just err, what?

There is literally nothing wrong with Lidl. (but to be fair I've never been there in the UK)

I've been there in the UK and in Denmark, it was almost exactly the same and yeah it's fine.