Jake

[No time :(] On Blade

edit: Didn't have time to get anything concrete together ;(. Thanks to Chris for helping me put together a system to dynamically populate blades, though.

---

We'll see if anything comes of this. I might be too busy.

Also it might be terrible. But this thread will exist forever, at least. It's been fun making blades.

Next step is to make the interface layout actually responsive and not just a pretty layered picture of blades.

post-5966-0-40049900-1429408678_thumb.pn

Seeing how good this looks glosses over my memory of actually using the blades. I know we are all keen try out your simulator that combines our two favourite loves, groceries and US presidents.

Using Unity UI's sweet dynamic Layout Group features I can now add and remove blades, and swap them around, and it all behaves accordingly. Blades!

post-5966-0-13357700-1429413713_thumb.gi

I enjoy how unexciting UI-only projects are in a forum like this, filled with the most epic crap imaginable.

I hope to contribute to this if I have time!

Welcome aboard. What is this game?

Welcome aboard. What is this game?

I would really enjoy a game that involves you navigating a randomly populated but categorically nested Blade interface for certain items in under a certain time. I can't believe I'm recommending a menu-navigation time trial, but I think something vindicating Allard's blades...

I would really enjoy a game that involves you navigating a randomly populated but categorically nested Blade interface for certain items in under a certain time. I can't believe I'm recommending a menu-navigation time trial, but I think something vindicating Allard's blades...

Yeah this is kind of what we're talking about, if we can do it in time. Rapid-fire trivia inspired by "Blades: On The Edge," the original blades-themed trivia game which set off a revolution. Or maybe we just make some blades you browse around.

Or maybe we just make some blades you browse around.

Perhaps an Idle Thumbs episode player. 

(host it through a unity webplayer on onblade.net)

Just wanted to say that Jake (possibly with the help of Chris) is clearly doing the lord's work here.

...and by lord I of course mean James Allard, the one true divine, omniscient being--the true magician who has bewitched us all and provided resplendent wonders like blades and Zunes.

(But seriously those modern blades are looking mighty fine.)

1_81.jpg

65368473_0d047e2abc_b.jpg

j-allard.jpg

I enjoy how unexciting UI-only projects are in a forum like this, filled with the most epic crap imaginable.

Man whatever, I'm excited about this!

Campo Santo spin-off delays On Blade to 2016. "We decided that two weeks just wasn't enough to properly realize J's vision," said Jake Rodkin. "With another year to work on it, we think we can release something that's truly On Blade."

Aw. Sad this didn't go through. I've some fun ideas about making games outta games interfaces and I woulda liked to have seen how this turned out.

--RoB