RasmusS

[Dev Log] Episode Forty-Five

Hi guys, i have some extra time over the next couple of days, so i thought i might as well try to get a small game out.

Episode Forty-Five

You, the player, boots your favorite internet video streaming service "WizardFlix" in order to watch a good movie, but due to mysterious circumstances there are only one thing on the entire service, the 45th episode of a TV-show you have never seen before. You decide to start this 45th episode without any reference to prior events that may have unfolded during the entire show and the backstory of the characters in it. 

It's going to be some kind of adventure game, i haven't completely decided on how the player interacts with the world due to me not having a quite as functional character as a want just yet. The game is mostly about throwing the player out in an unexpected situation and how they deal with lack of information regarding characters, this is achieved by doing things like opening the episode on a cliffhanger and using tropes that we see on TV.

It might sound a bit ambitious, but the scope of what i have planned should be feasible for a short demo thing.

In terms of asset style, this is what i'm currently aiming for, very sharp polygonal models that have advanced surfaces and properties attached:

assetsample0wotx.png

assetsamplexaug2.png

assetsamplet2umj.png

Finished making the "Wizardflix" boot sequence and added the menus to navigate to the option to either start the story or change the settings of the game. Did a lot of small stuff and tested a more outlined look for the project. You can check out the "cinematics" test with this WebM:
http://webmshare.com/play/jB7zW

Or have a gif instead:

runningutujn.gif

Everything here is incredibly snazzy already, especially the netflix logo. nice job.

Just finished one of the more important components of the project that i wanted to use, split screen rendering!

The idea is that i can split the camera in multiple segments that only renders the pixels needed, this allows me to have "action" cameras that complement the scene that i am building.

To get an idea of how that looks in practice, see a small test here:

http://webmshare.com/play/54jKL

Or look at a lower quality gif:

QMsN151.gif

Obviously still a lot of things that can be improved, but it seems to work alright for now.

That is amazing! The start-up effects are great too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the hell this thing is. Looks great already!