Patters

Grand ThVmb Auto PC

Well it's pretty anecdotal, but I saw someone say that using shortcuts hurts performance, and someone else say using custom radio at all hurts performance. I've had some pretty bad hitching problems in general, and it seems like custom radio either makes it worse, or at least makes it last longer before easing up.

Unless you've had problems, I wouldn't worry about it. If you have, do the obvious: test it with and without and see if there's enough of a difference to be worth foregoing it.

I have a myriad issues, some large, some small, some of which I can live with, some of which I can't. Sometimes when I try and chase one up and fix it, another will rear its ugly head. The latest issue is crazy blockiness around distant objects during the day. I think it's to do with shadows rendering incorrectly...?

Diagnosing the problem will prove troublesome when there's other issues to work with, so for now, I'll just leave it. 

My problem with the custom radio is that no matter how many times I set it as the default station and constantly change to it whenever I get in a car, the game seems to enjoy either changing it to another station or turning it off entirely if I go on foot for any reason. Or enter a garage. Or start a firefight. Or exist for longer than 3 minutes.

So I just turned the music audio down all the way and keep my music player running in the background.

Here is 2 more, i have extra, but they take forever to do. Also, my mic didn't record this time for reasons unknown!  due to a patch turning it off in Open Broadcast.

You would have vommed. I nearly gave up, it is a lot worse than cars!

Yeah, that was loads of fun.

I weirdly didn't mind the first-person biking too much. I prefer third person, obviously, but it was less terrible than I expected.

I noticed! You joined that team game I was in afterwards and beat me!

So this weekend I'm moving, but I have a couple of weeks to do the move over. I'm putting my bed, dresser, TV, consoles, bookshelves, etc. in the new house tomorrow, but since internet won't be at the new place for a while, I'm leaving my computer here for GTA on Sunday/Monday. When will games be happening?

Got another US session for Sunday at the same time as last week. There's also the regular Monday session which is also at the same time. Mind you, Sunday afternoon for the US session is mostly because I'm "hosting" it so to speak. If there's a US based person who takes over that role, there's no reason why it couldn't be later in the day. Drawback of course being that it'll probably be too late for any EU folk to show up, but hey, we get Mondays!

Afternoon is good, and for us Canadians, Monday is Victoria Day so it's a long weekend and I'll be able to make that game as well. Good times!

Highlights from today's session:

Further reading:

Highlights from today's session:

Further reading:

You dick.

My mic was fucked for most of the session, trying to sort it out before Mondays session. Good time though.

If it's any consolation, that tune is now stuck in my head. At work.

THis is still processing, but i'm going to bed now. Should be available in a few mins.

One of the many failed attempts to complete the prison heist

That may be the best possible summary of yesterday. We did it in the end though!

GTA Online wasn't really cooperating yesterday. It wouldn't let Lu en ysbreker exist in the same world.

We eventually went along with a smaller group playing the sadly correctly named playlist "random crap".

Probably the most interesting event along this playlist was this helicopter race which took much longer than expected: