Patters

Grand ThVmb Auto PC

PLEASE CAN WE PLAY THIS ON A SUNDAY?

Seriously, it looks rad. I got up to like 50 points away from level 10 tonight playing with a drinking buddy, who is my ONE local friend who bought this game. It was a good time, but two people is not exactly a huge rolling crew. I need to get this running right!

Yessssss, thanks for grabbing a screenshot of my sweet ride, elmuerte!

I'm so bummed I didn't at least get third place in my last race, but I guess being in first place and then speeding off of an off-ramp into a building and ending up 7th is almost like winning.

Helicopter Racing is boring. I didn't get to try Tractor Racing. That Shotgun Wedding deathmatch was fun. Capture the Tractor wasn't really much fun. All in all, I liked this a lot!

GTA Online UI and just in general, having to load the public world or whatever every time I want to quit a session and join your session again or if my connection times out. Holy shit that is a shitty process for setting up a tiny session with friends. How about a Menu-only Online experience before you put me in any sort of public or private world that has to load for ages, Rockstar?! I think the idea of a Burnout Paradise-like city where you drive up to races and such is a fun idea on paper, but just let me choose whether I want that or just want to join my friends' game. Nope, let me check my phone for job listings and Oh hey, there's a random person asking me to join him. What a mess!

Yeah seriously. The worst is any time you go to join a heist, it zooms out and ejects you from the server you're in before it even checks if the server is full. Then it offers to let you wait in a queue to join it, and if you don't you have to wait to connect to some other random freeplay server, and if you do wait you have no way of knowing where you are in the queue or anything, you just get a blank screen and no control. Amazing

toblix's voice glitching out hilariously as he won something was the hightlight.

Except me getting the winning kill by first driving over my teammate toblix and then my enemy dibs was definitely the actual highlight.

My compounding inability to reliably distinguish Toblix and Elmuerte is starting to make me feel really stupid. HOW EMBARRASSING.

Sorry, you guys, with whom I've been playing games altogether too long for this to be at all acceptable.

Anyway, the stuff that I managed to be present for was fun. I look forward to more.

Don't worry about it, James. I guess crazy accents distort whatever patterns the brain uses to identify people by voice or something. I'm no speech scientician.

Helicopter Racing is boring. I didn't get to try Tractor Racing. That Shotgun Wedding deathmatch was fun. Capture the Tractor wasn't really much fun. All in all, I liked this a lot!

It was a boring helicopter race. There are more interesting tracks for helicopters.

Tractor racing was last week, and it's really horrible slow and boring. Not recommended to ever play it. Just like the CTF gametype in GTA5, it's just shit.

I guess this goes here.

Yeah, all the stories about cool multiplayer stuff got me to buy it so I can completely ignore the story.

Yeah, all the stories about cool multiplayer stuff got me to buy it so I can completely ignore the story.

Yeah, it was this thread and this video 

that finally convinced me. 

I see some people are playing at 2pm today, probably can't then because of mother's day but will absolutely be on later.

Just a friendly reminder that in less than an hour, we'll be playing this!

Half the crew right before team deathmatch:

20150510_00001_bt66uhzau0_thumb.jpg

Crazy pile up last monday:

20150504_00001_539v5bgt1k_thumb.jpg

Sorry i left early, but when i'm hungover noise really gets to me^^ Great fun though.

Finally remembered to join the crew! In game name is Douchetoevsky, I'll probably be around if we're doing another session next Sunday. Also will be playing sporadically through the week if anyone wants to pal around or whatever.

Hey, if I ever manage to get a game in with you fine folks, know that I'm not ditching the game suddenly because I'm an asshole. Instead, it's because my PC is an asshole, and likes to throw a fit when I try and play GTA5 *sadface*

Edit: anyway, what are we all listening to on our custom radio station? I had one of those sublime moments earlier on where I'm thinking of picking up a prostitute (just, y'know, for the sake of tradition) and Bad Brains' classic "Pay to Cum" starts playing. This would probably be less likely to happen if I had more tracks in my custom music folder :)

I put a shortcut to my whole music directory and let the game sort out what formats it could and couldn't play. A lot of those tracks really didn't fit at all, though, so I should probably curate the list. It also seemed to make performance worse than it already is, so I've not been using it at all recently.

Yeah, I could really do without, say, the Shovel Knight OST coming on as I'm meandering down a country road. Would mess with the mood.

I didn't know it could affect performance. Perhaps I should stop using it?