Patters

Grand ThVmb Auto PC

It happened, it was totally hilarious. We did an ill chosen tractor race, a sweet race on a long straight with random jumps, a forced-first-person helicopter race, and one with jets that had us flying in between skyscrapers. I feel like we're only scratching the surface too! Much more fun stuff to discover.  :grin:

I think i liked the dirt bikes in the sewers the best. Because I won.

But where were the pushbikes. :(

I should have access to most bike races, so also pushbikes. But I have to look into that. Maybe I need to play them more for them to show up in the random job selection screen?

Same thing with weapons, I need to figure out how to get something else than just a pistol.

I didn't like the CTF like thing we played.

Can we get a weekend round of this for us North American schlubs? I made a punk rock girl with the first name that popped in to my head, did the few tutorial things, and am ready for action. Wombat will join the fight as soon as she's able to make it!

If anyone sees me running around a server say hi.

CxTZi1l.png

Aaaaa you guys are making me want to buy this game.

This podcast episode sold me on it. GTA talk starts around minute 12. I've essentially only been playing the online with a few buddies. It's fucking great, but I've not had a chance to do the heists yet. The single player is really gross trash in terms of plotting and content and stuff. Good thing you can entirely avoid it.

This podcast episode sold me on it. GTA talk starts around minute 12. I've essentially only been playing the online with a few buddies. It's fucking great, but I've not had a chance to do the heists yet. The single player is really gross trash in terms of plotting and content and stuff. Good thing you can entirely avoid it.

lol, jk, the online version will randomly respawn you in the single player.

The interface is desperately shite in this game, but thankfully the actually MP gameplay works really well.

Does GTA5 run OK on shitty old computers? I could really do with a new PC, but before that I could do with the money required to buy one.

I'd imagine it's something of a hog, but you never know.

I've got a shitty old PC -

i5 4 cores 3.3ghz

4gb ram (which is the bare minimum)

Radeon 6950 2gb ram

And, I've turned all the settings down as low as they'll go, turned off all the bells and whistles that it's possible to turn off. Now, the game looks okay, still! It's not a dog, not by any stretch of the imagination. The problem for me is that when I first boot up the game, the framerate tanks like heck, I can walk about but if I drive anywhere it all drops to about 3fps. This lasts for a few minutes, and I assume that during this time the game is loading assets and whatnot around me. 

That bit sucks but then it evens out. I'd say I get about 40fps, but that's a guess.

Also, I want to join the thumbs and knock over some jewellers! I've got a headset and I'm a team player, and my nan said I'm handsome.

Thanks for that! Sounds like it's at least worth giving it a go, which I'll do.

Cool, good luck to you. I played Online today for the first time and had a very smooth experience. Some of the same framerate hiccups as single player, but nothing major :D

I've had a weird thing where the framerate stutters when I'm driving. I heard that's a common thing that the last patch was supposed to fix, but didn't for me. That's not an issue with old or new PCs though, just kind of an issue in general.

I set the game to 59Hz and vsync off in its options, then turned on adaptive vsync in the Nvidia control panel to lock it at 60 FPS. The game options would only let me choose 29 and 59, weirdly.

Monkehhh's solution might be way better than mine, but what I did was turn on v-sync in the game. Before I did that it was unplayable, and now it's as I described a few posts back

I've had a weird thing where the framerate stutters when I'm driving. I heard that's a common thing that the last patch was supposed to fix, but didn't for me. That's not an issue with old or new PCs though, just kind of an issue in general.

Initially the game was running great for me. But after the some patch I now have to alt-tab away from the game, and then return for the performance to be ok. Doing this once after the menu is shown is enough.

I set the game to 59Hz and vsync off in its options, then turned on adaptive vsync in the Nvidia control panel to lock it at 60 FPS. The game options would only let me choose 29 and 59, weirdly.

That's a Windows thing. I have this on one of my U2412Ms. Windows says 59Hz (and thus GTA5 too), but the monitor and nvidia control panel say 60Hz. My other U2412M does say 60Hz. I think it's a rounding issue.

Yeah, something in the chain is reporting something wrong. Current setting's working fine though - fairly high settings locked at 60 FPS and 1080p - so I'm not gonna mess around much more with them.

Well, it runs. At a low resolution and with low graphics settings, and even then at a not-great frame rate, but it does run. What I ought to do is use the game to brush up on my bank-robbing skills, then employ them in real life to get the money for a halfway capable PC.

I'd forgotten about all the multiplayer transfer stuff, which was nice, but it didn't bring over the cars in my garage, which is a shame.