Sign in to follow this  
Twig

[Release] A Grave Ghost

Initially I just thought it was going to be an environment where I can roam around and just read all the grave-stones (which would be fine as far as I'm concerned). For a while I was just using trash as a yo-yo and contemplating my eternity in the cemetary. It was nice to just happen upon the puzzle-elements and play the game to completion.

That's originally what I wanted it to be - an environment to roam around in - before I realized I had run out of time and also that I couldn't think of anything to write and also before I added all these weird little mechanics and also before I spent 90% of the time making the art and rushed all the graveyard texts in the last thirty minutes before failing to submit just before the deadline...!

From the beginning I very much wanted to ape the Earthbound style of everything. I think I did okay on the art front! But I'm not so sure I pulled off the writing... Especially since I did all of the gravestones based on episode titles and/or hastily remembered Idle Thumbs memes in thirty minutes, as I said in my spoilered post above.

But I'm glad to hear you say that. U:

Woot, positive wizard identification achieved, then managed to make it out. I've never played the Earthbound games, but I'd like to compliment you on the art - very clear, very attractive! Like Clyde, I kinda thought this was going to be a sspooOOky walking sim, was fun to find the interaction chain. The graves were cool - a lovely way to review ~200 episodes of Thumbs, uh, 'history'.

Regards deadline, man, I hear you. =)

Any further spooOOky adventures in mind?

--Rev

Sign in to follow this