Sign in to follow this  
Pan-Dimensional Space Mice

[Dev Log] Bogost In The Shell

Github Repository

Based on episode 199

Using Unity 5

Concept

Bogost In The Shell is a game were you are a weird floating orb, some might call it a Bogost. 

Your goal is to survive as long as possible while endless waves of Big Dogs attack you. 

Current Progress

• Created the Bogost character in Unity

zgfJPST.png

• Basic WASD controls are working
  • The Bogost can shoot

orMVsC7.png

Todo

• Make Big Dog model
  • Make it so the Bogost shoots a bullet where you clicked, instead of straight up
  • Add environment objects

Nightly Builds

• V0.0.1 - Failed, will fix in V0.0.2
  • V0.0.2 - Play
  • V0.0.3 - Download

It's really weird when you don't know that the x and y axis is moving the central form at first. I thought the bullets were moving.

It's really weird when you don't know that the x and y axis is moving the central form at first. I thought the bullets were moving.

Yea. That should get better once I add obstacles and enemies and fix the bug were the 3d model for the bullet doesn't showing up.

Bullet movement is also turned off at the moment, to help me debug bullet aiming, which could also be contributing.

Thanks for the feedback.

Having the bullet-movement turned off puts my character in a weird state. I just go around placing bullets on trajectories that will be sick when time starts again. Firing weapons this way could make for an intertesting game. Kinda like Flotilla mixed with Geometry Wars.

I don't think I understand this one. Love the particle effects and the trails and the colour scheme - that's gorgeous. But I don't think I know... what I'm supposed to be doing? It took me a bit of time to realise that I could WASD - up to that point I'd just been building and destroying what I thought was a shield around my core. Do you have any further plans for this?

--Rev

Sign in to follow this