Sign in to follow this  
Patrick R

Wizard Jam Song and Sound Bank

I've made hundreds of pieces of electronic music over the years that I've never been able to do anything with, so I figured I'd upload the best ones to SoundCloud and post them here, in various categories.. You are all free to use any of these in any way you see fit.

Most of these weren't recorded with video games in mind, so if you want me to go back and edit any of these tracks so they'd loop better let me know.

If you are a composer/sound person who wants to do something similar, just leave a post to where people can download your work.

Energetic Music

Jujyfruit - Fast, brief, glitchy

Space Invader - Very fast, percussive, sounds like old internal computer speakers

Crows - Intense, driving, fat synths, brief

Train Loadin' - Friendly, piano and drum driven, has a slower middle section

Chipamunk - Friendly, marimba and drum-based, with a synth solo in the middle

Chirply - Quick, danceable, simple, drum-based

Windy Windy - repeating synth sample with growing percussion, chill, groovy

The Big Furry Monster - atonal noise opening, Massive glitchy percussion, like a giant industrial computer having a drug-fueled dance party

Skitterpip - noisy, jittery, spinning percussion, abrasive synths

Mucha Much More - A single sample from an R&B song, stretched and pitch shifted into lunacy. This is weird.

Goodbye Horses - This is just the instrumental track for a Goodbye Horses cover I never ended up doing. Dancey! Copyrighty!

Pressure Cooker - Slow build to an explosion of chintzy percussion, repurposed orchestra hits and 8-bit detritus.

Unlovable - Fast, fun, friendly. Whistling synths with a driving backbeat.

Dulcet Rush - Aggressive, noisy, fast,  glitchy, big distorted kicks, shuffling white noise hits

Folded Artery - Just odd, frankly. Aggressive, schizophrenic, fat synths and an inconsistent tempo. Experimental.

Hip-Hop Instrumentals

Knives in the Back of Me - 808, synth driven, very short, very loopable

Walk Tall - Based on a Frankie Valli sample. Very repetitive but I like it.

Chandelier - Opulent? I dunno, it's big.

Tickets - Relaxed, slowly builds, based on a simple sample

Push-Pull - High impact, airy, building, sprinkled synths, BOUNCE THIS BOUNCES

Dubna 48K - Beat made of basic wave shapes, sounds like floppy drives, dot matrix printers and an internal speaker jamming out

Beasts and Blades - Jittery percussion, squeezing synths, high impact snares, distant booming background hits

The Plow - Driving, detuned, backwards percussion, bass-heavy

Blinding - Horns, drums, boom-bap, all samples no filler, long

Dripping - Slippery dripping synths falling off the bone

Ambient Music

Paredolia's Heart - long, repeating distorted kick drum sounds like heart-beat, kinda spooky and sparse, slowly the synth pads get fuller

Spirals - eerie, languid, distant percussive echoes, high-pitched synths lead with a bed of lower-pitched pads

Hype 1 - Cheap toy-sounding spooky synth, distorted 8-bit percussion, creepy mood, inevitable, creeping insect squawks

Must Be Right - Stretched tape loops, sliding backwards, piano recordings twisted out of shape

EBE - Slow, cycling, simple bassline that supports scratchy glitched boulders of samples

Hemiptera - Vaguely Metroid-y. This is the end credits music after the movie where the grasshoppers have devoured Earth.

Sound Effects

Clicksaw - Brief 6 second clip, sounds like a computer crashing

Death Truck - 20 second clip, sounds like a giant piece of machinery failing and exploding

Patrick, do you know offhand how many bpm Chirply is? (I think it's 141-142)

I am going to use it to test out the rhythm aspect of my game!

No, unfortunately I don't have any of the FL Studio files for any of these so I can't see what I had the BPM set for. But I can find out with a tempo tracker in Audacity. Give me five minutes.

EDIT: Looks like it's 140 BPM, the default tempo in Fruity Loops. Here's a version of it that starts immediately, without the tiny delay at the beginning. Hopefully that should help you sync it.

Spirals - eerie, languid, distant percussive echoes, high-pitched synths lead with a bed of lower-pitched pads

I'm totes usin' this in my game right now and it'll probably end up being permanent even though I'm not sure it'll fit the tone of the game in the end (since I'm still not sure what the tone will be). It involves ghosts and graves, though, so it probably works.

Chipamunk - Friendly, marimba and drum-based, with a synth solo in the middle

I'm probably going to use this for my Bublé adventure, as it's what his style of music is in my head. Thanks!

Lifesaver! Deadline day saver!

I'm using "The Plow" as my title track, "EBE" as my game over track, and "Spirals" as one of the gameplay tracks.

Was going to link to the Soundcloud in my audio credits file (not sure if time for in-game credits, will probably just do a readme), but do you have a different credit link you'd prefer?

Dubna 48K - Beat made of basic wave shapes, sounds like floppy drives, dot matrix printers and an internal speaker jamming out

Hi Patrick, just wanted to thank you - I used "Dubna 48K" in my submission.... which was like 60 seconds too late to be official, ARGHH.

But still, cheers for providing the resource! I think it worked well in my game - bumped it up from "really crappy" to "really crappy, but nice beats" :)

http://soupermatty.itch.io/cyberpunk-carp-killer

It seems like most people have released their games, but as it's the last day I wanna go ahead and bump this thread anyway, for anyone wanting some last minute music.

Sign in to follow this