zerofiftyone

[RELEASE] Shoot that Pizza / I Like the Hair

Ok, I got to sit down and play the game and the minigame this morning. 

The "Take Further Action" button is my favorite thing.

This was pretty fun! I did not realize how much I would enjoy shooting some pizzas.

Thanks everyone for playing! It was really fun to make so I'm glad people enjoyed it.

If I have time tonight after work, I'll write some kind of postmortem if people are interested in reading that. I'm also thinking of starting a devlog for my other projects in the game development subforum. 

f I have time tonight after work, I'll write some kind of postmortem if people are interested in reading that. I'm also thinking of starting a devlog for my other projects in the game development subforum. 

I'd love to read about it. :)

The double-bass-drum-esque thumping of the machine gun is incredibly satisfying. I would probably shoot it non-stop through the entire round if it were possible.

The double-bass-drum-esque thumping of the machine gun is incredibly satisfying. I would probably shoot it non-stop through the entire round if it were possible.

And because I left in all of my debug commands, now you can! Press "8" a bunch of times for more machine gun ammo.

But don't tell anyone about it, okay? This one's just between me and you.

The level of polish in these two is off the charts! The pizza-shooting is responsive and fun, too. Great work!

I only disliked one person's hair, because I felt bad about it. At the end, I 'took further action', and then I felt even worse about it!

Oh man, speaking of debug commands, there may or may not be a bullet-time mode still accessible in there. I'm on a train atm so I can't check but I think the "T" key is what triggered it.

The game originally involved having a slo-mo power up, but it was ditched for making the game kind of boring. It's still a cool effect though! Will probably end up recycling it for another game.

The level of polish in these two is off the charts! The pizza-shooting is responsive and fun, too. Great work!

I only disliked one person's hair, because I felt bad about it. At the end, I 'took further action', and then I felt even worse about it!

Hahaha this is exactly the experience I was hoping for.

Good stuff :D

This is great, very addictive! I got up to 60 pizzas/4400 points. Reminded me of Portal and Stanley Parable in places.

I did not donate  ;(

This is great, very addictive! I got up to 60 pizzas/4400 points. Reminded me of Portal and Stanley Parable in places.

I did not donate ;(

Aha! Your saying that made me realise that donations is a thing you can turn off on itch.io. Awesome. Having that prompt come up every time was bothering me.

60 pizzas is pretty respectable :P

My laptop literally overheated trying to handle this polish.

My laptop runs this very sluggishly (i7-3610QM + AMD 7670M).

I can barely hit any pizzas, but it's still great though! Very nice to see you put more than one kind of pizza in this.

That screenshake. Super satisfying shooting, zerofiftyone! The presentation was just through the goddamn roof, the Phaedrus reference was great and taking further action made me sit up and emit a quiet, worried, 'Hmm'. Awesome work, man.

--Rev

(This is just about Shoot That Pizza, I haven't played I Like the Hair yet) The UI work is top notch in this, in particular the load screen being full 3d and panning around looks excellent. Also as people have said, the screenshake and effects are really well done. Game rounds are a little on the long side I think, and the gameplay could stand to be a little more varied. Maybe some timed powerups, or pizzas with different amounts of health to incentivize saving specific ammo types and add some strategy?

Anyway, this was almost certainly the most polished of the wiz jam games I've looked at. Nice work!

I heard this game had just got a hot new re-release with hot new content. Also, i like the shooting game.