RubixsQube

[Release] Shoot That Pizza

6L5XuF9.gif

I like the cockpit, although I think I need to fumble with the rhythm more. The game is still far too straightforward. I have a surprise that I'm working on with another board member which should add something significant to the game. 

OK, I'm done. You can find it here. Again, "z" is the only button that really does anything. I apologize if you're not from America, as the opening is going to make a lot less sense.

My post-mortem is: For my very first game, I'm pretty happy with the final product. Stencyl, it turns out, is not a great way to make games, as it's prone to crashing, it's pretty tedious to work with, and it's overly simplistic, which limited what I wanted to do. I'd love to make something else in the future, and I had a lot of fun, even if my final game is not exactly as robust as I had originally hoped it would be. I hope it makes someone chuckle!

I'm really happy to be included in the same game jam as a lot of really wonderful concepts and games, everyone here has so, so much talent. THANKS GUYS. AND GOOD LUCK. 

(Oh, also, while it's not the one linked from the game jam, so playing it this way won't tally any statistics, I like it framed in the GBA like I did on this page)

I think it turned out great! The game pulled off the thing you were going for perfectly, and that opening text scrolls was just...amazing. 

Great job, this looks like it turned out well! I'm mid playthrough now, currently in the intro.

Also, you're currently the #1 result on itch.io for the search term "pizza"  :D

fAYGV3G.png

I want to play your game, but I only have access to a mac! Yours is so, so much prettier than mine.

Noooo! I found out the other day that I can't do cross platform packaging from Unreal which really sucks!  :(

I got 56 points, not sure how good that is though :P 

Just played through the whole game and it turned out great :D Loved the lore dump you created around the scenes I drew up.

Just played through the game! I liked the music and the art assets a lot. To be honest though, I ended up skipping a bit of the opening, so I wasn't sure why there were some pizzas I didn't shoot. I ended up with 60 points. I *think* that's the highest possible, unless secretly I was supposed to shoot all those other pizzas.

To be honest though, I ended up skipping a bit of the opening

: ( 

I guess I can't please everyone. The dumb jokes do rely very heavily on specific american pizza references. For you, imagine if one of the internal systems was called Cockpit Auto-Pilot Engage Response System (C.A.P.E.R.S.)

: ( 

I guess I can't please everyone. The dumb jokes do rely very heavily on specific american pizza references. For you, imagine if one of the internal systems was called Cockpit Auto-Pilot Engage Response System (C.A.P.E.R.S.)

Oh I just played through the game again and read everything. It all actually makes sense now. I apologise for jumping the gun earlier.

This made me chuckle! I especially liked the

hard g

gag.

58 points woooo!

I'm now going to play the other Shoot That Pizza, hopefully the graphics will stand up to this one...

Thanks! I think that, compared to the other excellent games that are a part of this jam, mine is pretty silly, but I'm happy considering it is very near what I set out to do, without experience. I'm really happy for the help from Synnah and especially the art from lloydp.

After reading all the context in the intorduction and shooting a few flashing pizzas, I started seeing this is a space-marine adventure in a cyberpunk world. The puns about people being named from brands took on a meaning. I thought that the gamifying of shooting enemies and the way they are presented as flashing targets might be what has mutated from trying to solve the trauma of war, some automation is determining targets and then masking them as food, but a human is still required to pull the trigger. I started thinking that I wasn't shooting pizzas, they just look like pizzas because seeing combat that way is... easier to digest.

Maaaaan. Loved that intro. Art reminds me of Eric Chahi's work on Future Wars and DID's Epic 3D fighter on the Amiga. The prose is direct and clear, really nice. Also dig the music.

That said, it definitely became overly complicated on 'Don't Shoot That Pizza'. I mean, man, who do you think you're dealing with? Some kind of wizard?

Really nice work. =)

--Rev