Dinosaursssssss

Team Building Thread

If you need to recruit a teammate, please post:

Your brief game pitch ("I'm making Business Guys On Planes [ep 195] the plane commuting simulator!" [gosh wow thats a boring example I'm so sorry - Dino])

What you bring to the team (Art, code, music, etc).

What you need for your team (Pixel art, C# code, 8-bit music, etc).

Optional: If you know what engine you're using, that might be handy for folks to know.

If you need a team, please post:

What you're interested in doing for the jam (art, code, music, etc)

Optional: What sort of game you're interested in working on.

Optional: Your experience level and a sample (or a link to a sample) of your work.

Hi, I'd love to make a bit of music for a project. Please contact me and let me know if you have even a rough idea what you're looking for. I can do electronic music, and also like to blend (sampled) acoustic instruments with it. Been wanting to try chiptunes for a while, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I also have a nice selection of orchestral instruments in a hardware synth.

In terms of experience, I've participated in VRjam 2013 making music and sounds for Windlands, and that game is still being developed for a full release. Also, I've taken part in a couple of song contests where I worked with limited toolsets and time constraints. You can hear my previous work at https://soundcloud.com/brknsounds

I'll keep an eye on private messages here at least until the jam ends, or shoot me an e-mail: simo (at) bureauofbrokensounds (dot) com

I'm looking to make a single-screen physics-based badminton-esque game based on "Rich Uncle, Cool Uncle".

One player gets to be Rich Uncle, the other Cool Uncle, and they must face off in the sportiest of sports.

They'll each have unique abilities and it will  be physics based.

I am the only person on my team so far and I'll be using C#/Unity to build the game.

I've done 7 game jams so far making things like a platformer, shmup, beat'em up and an oculus game.

I could use an artist and audio engineer. I have no claim on visual style yet, so that's still to be figured out.

Come join me! :D

Hello. I'm a professional cartoonist who has made art for a long time, including lots of pixel art. In terms of games, I've done work before, but nothing super legit. I posted these in the other forum but here's a sample of my pixel work:

bq2_pixel.png

protectman.png

Wanting to do a 2d game or maybe a very low-res 3d thing with 2d sprites. I've been wanting to use Gamemaker, but could also mess around in Unity if not expelcted to do all that much. I'd also be waay more excited by a fantasy/weird game over, um, a regular game with normal people.

I had wanted to do LD32 next weekend, but I think I'll pretend I'm doing that and do this instead! Likely most my output will be on those days.

I can do some pixel art if anyone is in need of that. The best example of my work is probably my avatar and this fox:

85b45SJ.png

I've also drawn things other then foxes but A: Why would you want anything else? and B: I forgot to backup that folder last time I wiped my hard drive.

As for what I'd prefer to work on I lean towards things like roguelikes and RPGs but I'm not picky. and if someone wants to make the first rougelike I'm cool with that too.

I can also do some writing and design if someone is looking for help with that, but I have less experience there.

I didn't comment earlier when you posted it in the other thread but I love that fox. :3

I'm not interested in a team, although I have an idea, because I don't think I'll commit to anything. But I have an idea and if I work on it this weekend I will share it with people and see if anyone is interested in working with someone who is afraid of passion.

I am doing a Twine game entirely on my own (at least that's the plan), but I would also be interested in contributing sound/music to other people's games.

I have a huge library of electronic music I've made and done nothing with that people are welcome to use, I'll be posting a thread with all of that in the next couple days.

I'm not sure I'm prepared to write new music for a game, since I no longer have the program I used to use, but I would be interested in other sound design. I have a pretty good mic/soundboard set up, and have experience with sound editing, so voices or SFX would be totally in my realm of experience.

I have no talent in art or music, haven't programmed in years, have zero experience making a game, and don't even have a workable idea yet.  But I'm going to try and do something anyway.  I have a copy of Gamemaker Studio Professional on my computer that I've been meaning to mess around with.  Now's a good a time as any.

When Jake said "XCOM Obama" on the show, I immediately flashed on a game idea I've wanted to do for awhile which is basically: "West Wing Tactics", an isometric turn-based tactics game where you play as the assistants for the West Wing staff with the staff themselves as the enemies. You have to navigate around the hallways and offices of the West Wing dropping off papers, trying to hustle the President and other staff into meetings on time, etc.

I'm a programmer with intermediate Unity chops and some familiarity with the systems that would be needed for this kind of game (pathfinding, basic AI, etc). If someone wanted to do some art for it that would be amazing and I could probably whip up a prototype during the jam. Would need: isometric sprites for President, Chief of Staff, Vice President, Communications Director, Press Secretary, Deputy Chief of Staff, plus one Staff Assistant each. Also: environment art: cubicle walls, hallways, the oval office, etc. If we did it isometrically the whole thing could be done with 2D assets and still look pretty nice.

Anyone interested?

Posted above, buuuut any programmer think it who be cool to go all Frog Fractions on the "Pause Theme From BattleToads"?

I didn't comment earlier when you posted it in the other thread but I love that fox. :3

I'm not interested in a team, although I have an idea, because I don't think I'll commit to anything. But I have an idea and if I work on it this weekend I will share it with people and see if anyone is interested in working with someone who is afraid of passion.

Aww thatnks. :) Though looking at it I remember very vividly thinking that I needed to do some more work on that tail and the back legs. Still pretty happy with it though.

I will also say that the sword hat fox version of it was faved on Twitter by both Bombsfall from Night In The Woods and the guy doing Hyper Light Drifter so I've basically won the pixel art version of an Oscar. More or less... So how could you not want me on your team? ;P

tuQ1qH6.png

I want to make THE GREAT GATLING-GUNSBY !!

I'm a GameMaker programmer with not-much-but-some experience (drewdunaj.itch,io) looking for art, sound, writing even.

My idea for The GGG is to have a scrolling 2D shooter that takes you through different scenes from the book (ie: tile sets), each area starting with a quote from the book flashing up on screen, but twist the end of the quote to make it about shooting/explosions/etc . I'm picturing very simple gameplay, just moving left right and shooting, but I want to "juice" it up as much a possible, screen shake, flashing lights and colors, all that good stuff. Crank the bombast up to 11...

I work full time so I'm going to try and keep the scope as light as possible, but I think a 5 minute game about Gatsby quotes and machine guns should work pretty well :3

Hi everyone! I'm new in the forums and I have two ideas for the jam. 

"The Mind-Tech Contingency" > I recently wrote a rough sketch of a Twine story, and I want to use it for the jam because it goes with said episode title, and it's a great excuse to not let the idea die and finally make my first game.

Basic set-up: You find a file in your computer which turns out to contain an AI. Is current AI technology this advanced? This virtual guy is starting to convince you that he was a real human who recently died and got his mind uploaded. Drama ensues.

post-35135-0-57886100-1428703156_thumb.png

I'm cool with making it on my own as a basic text thing, but in case someone's up for it, I'd also like to turn it into something more visual, with an interface as pictured, full voice for the AI and some simple face animations. I have a friend who'd help with animation, so if someone's up for taking charge of the Game Maker / Unity side of things, drop me a line!

"The Dreamcast" > omg I'm such a DC fanboy, so this title immediately caught my attention and got me daydreaming about what to do with it. So, here's what I came up with.

post-35135-0-72840600-1428703291_thumb.png

I'd like to make a little day-in-the-life thing, where you're a pre-teen Dreamcast, and DCs happen to not be the most popular race in this town, so you sometimes find yourself being bullied by those tall PS2s. Most of the time though, you just try to be a good little console, going out to do chores, etc.

Now, this one's in the folder of 'if a little wizard among you happens to be up for it'. My friend who's up for helping is an amazing illustrator, but we're useless in terms of programming.

In any event, I hope you accept me here even though I came out of nowhere and I tend to write too much. I've struggled to finish any game project over the years and I think this could be it. Idle Thumbs is the one gaming podcast I listen to religiously and this forum seems comfy as hell, so let me know if you're up for collabing, or if you have any ideas, and otherwise I'll let you know how it goes with the texty game thing.

@Santo

If The Mind-Tech Contigency doesn't require more interaction than clicking on text-choices, I would really consider building it in TyranoBuilder. Check out this tutorial-page (very short) and see if it looks like something you would want to do.

http://tyranobuilder.com/1-getting-started/

It's $15 on Steam and you can make a game without any scripting (it has a drag&drop system).

I will warn you that it is new and a bit buggy. For instance, I ran into a problem where the... Ok so there are 3 types of image files, "backgrounds", "images" and "characters". You can put any image in any of them, but placing it in the "background" category for instance makes it go away when another background becomes active. Well, the "image" files broke on a web-build. I was able to fix it by turning them all into "characters". It wasn't a huge hassle, and that's the only problem I've had but still.

If you decide to do that I can answer game-engine questions for you. I'm frequently on the forums. I really think you could do it. Look at that tutorial and if you have any questions, ask me here or PM me.

Now, this one's in the folder of 'if a little wizard among you happens to be up for it'. My friend who's up for helping is an amazing illustrator, but we're useless in terms of programming.

Clyde has been talking up this tool called TyranoBuilder that seems like it'd be able to do what you're looking for; seems like it supports visuals a little better than Twine and has drag-and-drop visual scripty stuff so you wouldn't need to code. It's not free, but it is fairly cheap ($15). You could also look into Ren'Py which is another visual novel engine (which I think Hatoful Boyfriend was made in?) that's free, though I think everything is set up via text files rather than a drag and drop UI, so it might be more fiddly.

edit: Damnit Clyde!!!

Foiled again. You'll get me next time Dinosaursssssss!

Oh and Ren'Py is great, it's got an established community and a lot more resources, but it does require scripting/coding.

Thanks for the (chronologically competing) tips! I didn't know those. Looking into it now, probably leaning towards Ren'Py, because, poorness. And if the scripting is bearable I might be up for it.

I'll decide by tomorrow and start a dev log accordingly :)

Wow, if I finish something playable by the end of this thing I'm gonna feel like yassss power game writer in hearrrr!

Can't wait.

I'm interested in joining a team, I have programming chops and can do things in Unity and GameMaker. I can probably stumble along in basically anything else - it might not be pretty but I should be able to get things to react to things.

I'm interested in joining a team, I have programming chops and can do things in Unity and GameMaker. I can probably stumble along in basically anything else - it might not be pretty but I should be able to get things to react to things.

Would you be interested in making  a roguelike? if you (or anyone else reading this) are and know any LUA we could likely make something fairly impressive in T-Engine4 http://te4.org/te4

We'd just need a theme to fit it.

I'd be definitely be interested in joining a team but I've started on my own thing for now. It's a drawing action game, more info over here: Johann's Baton

Anyone want to help out with art or additional code/design? Art would be super amazing since I am super unpracticed. Would be very open to design collaboration, ideas have the right to children!

Would you be interested in making  a roguelike? if you (or anyone else reading this) are and know any LUA we could likely make something fairly impressive in T-Engine4 http://te4.org/te4

I tend to start with theme and build out how the game will work from there, so I doubt a 'roguelike' with me involved is actually going to end up looking much like Rogue, but picking a random episode title gave me The Divine Exodus of Snakes which definitely sounds like a roguelike.

I'll be pretty busy with my own game, but when you said roguelike I immediately thought "An Ancient Evil Awakens" and "Esophagus Sarcophagus" would be pretty fitting.

I tend to start with theme and build out how the game will work from there, so I doubt a 'roguelike' with me involved is actually going to end up looking much like Rogue, but picking a random episode title gave me The Divine Exodus of Snakes which definitely sounds like a roguelike.

It doesn't really matter to me if it's much of a roguelike in the traditional sense. The first thing that comes to mind for The Divine Exodus of Snakes to me is Chris Remo politely asking all the snakes in Dublin (Ohio) to leave. While I think An Ancient Evil Awakens would work for something more basic, maybe it's a dungeon crawl where your goal is to stop the Shitty Wizard from taking over the world or something.

Or if no one is interested in doing something like that I can go do art for Elvaq's project and whatever else needs some help. That sounds pretty fun as well. :)