Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Deus Ex Universe

Who's ready for taking an exciting franchise in a new direction? The future of Deus Ex is transmedia, and it won't be just a video game, it'll be "available in other media such as tablets, smartphones, books, graphic novels, etc..."

Check it out here. I couldn't be more excited about this exciting news!

update: According to Eidos, it'll be a richer and more immersive experience than ever before. So excited.

I wonder how they're going to get around the multiple endings of Human Revolution. Just pick one and say it's canon?

Someone should tell Adam Jensen that he accidentally ejected his magazine.

He's doing a non-lethal run, obviously!  Doesn't even want to accidentally shoot someone. 

I wonder how they're going to get around the multiple endings of Human Revolution. Just pick one and say it's canon?

I did all three...and don't remember anything about any of them.  At all.  Sooooo, for me whatever they pick will feel like the right choice!

I'll admit I was hoping Jensen wouldn't return.

Yeah, I didn't find him interesting at all. Maybe this will provoke me to finally finish Human Revolution, though.

I should try and finish HR one of these days, but trying to decide how to spend skill points in HR is seriously the most stressful thing I've ever done in a video game.

I'm a little bothered by them marketing it with the word "cyberpunk," because if that catches on it would ironically devalue and diminish the whole "cyberpunk" thing. I think. I dunno I'm a weirdo.

Someone should tell Adam Jensen that he accidentally ejected his magazine.

This made me laugh too much. Also totally true.

There isn't enough fuck yes in the world to do my reaction to this news justice. I absolutely loved Human Revolution.

To those who didn't finish it, the final act is worth it. What a cool location that is.

Jesus, I can't wait to dive back into this world. Good job I've got MGS to satiate me.

Hell. Yeah.

I've always thought about going back to play the director's cut because I wanted to see how the boss battles worked for stealthy players. Jensen wasn't very interesting to me, but his voice was so ridiculous I still enjoyed it. Also some of the dialogue responses were really funny. 

Moah cybahpunk stealth games!

I think Adam Jensen's character design is a parody of video game culture.

264eea1a3eaf1776be581e2aa3153638.png

He looks, sounds and acts like a Saints Row character. If this was the design of the latest Duke Nukem, I would've given it a round of applause.

Jensen's voice was actually a very conscious decision to throw back to JC Denton.

I like his voice, although he does sound like Batman.

I'll admit I was hoping Jensen wouldn't return.

Yup me too. Deus Ex: HR was Ok but Jensen was one of the things I hated about that game.

Screenshots and concept art:

1428435040-deus-ex-mankind-divided-scree

1428435040-deus-ex-mankind-divided-mock-

1428436079-deus-ex-mankind-divided-conce

How shit is that compared to the amazing from last time? Now it's just guns. Looks like CoD.

I was really excited to see an article about the new Deus Ex game, so much so that I briefly forgot how game trailers work, and that nothing remotely informative will be coming out for a long time yet.

He looks, sounds and acts like a Saints Row character.

That can't be true. Saints Row characters feel enthusiasm.

How shit is that compared to the amazing from last time? Now it's just guns. Looks like CoD.

It looks exactly like Human Revolution to me? In fact, if anything it looks a bit too much like it — I kind of expected the signature hue of the game to change, much like it went from blue to orange with Human Revolution. The screenshots are unsurprisingly gun-heavy, but so were many promotional videos and shots last time around. 

Nothing to worry about here I'd say.

I'm hoping that the "Ammo Type" category suggests that you can use non-lethal rounds with guns. As much as I appreciated the stealth/non-lethal options in DXHR, I found it ultimately frustrating due to the lack of weapon variety and limited ammo for non-lethal or silent specific weapons.

Also, if it does ultimately end up being Crysis (which is a distinct impression I'm getting from the screenshots) with a setting and themes much more interesting than Crysis, I'll be pretty happy.

I am uncomfortably excited by this.  I found Human Revolution to be absolutely fabulous, one of the best experiences of the last 20 years for me.  I understand why people might not have been fans of Adam Jensen, but I thought he was a very interesting character with a great story, and I really liked the voice acting by Elias Toufexis.

If my laptop can't handle it, then I'll pick up a new console just for this.  That's how much I enjoyed the previous entries and the extent to which I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

It looks exactly like Human Revolution to me? In fact, if anything it looks a bit too much like it — I kind of expected the signature hue of the game to change, much like it went from blue to orange with Human Revolution. The screenshots are unsurprisingly gun-heavy, but so were many promotional videos and shots last time around. 

Nothing to worry about here I'd say.

I'm sorry, my post was completely misleading. I was comparing the shots to the shots of the main characters home in Human Revolution etc. Those communicated a style and an atmosphere, which isn't the marketing push this time around.