This show will be fine Delerat, but when gorm decides to record the next one and whatever the cast for it is there no harm in him sending the audio to both of us.

I've actually been holding out on organizing another 'cast until we have the final version, just so that everyone who contributed can listen and see what things they can improve upon. I've also thought about and practiced a bit being a more involved host, because I assume it's easier to edit out "Let's move on" or "Can you restate that" than to try and hew meaning out of five people hemming and hawwing about what Gintama's appeal is.

FWIW, there were moments when I felt like I wanted to jump in and try to steer things back on track (if only because I actually do have some very (very) minor experience hosting (with my old video games podcast!!!)). But I didn't want to step on anyone's toes, 'cause I also know from LISTENING experience that sometimes when you get multiple people trying to take control it can sound... weird?

Basically what I'm saying is I could watch out for that, too, or I could just keep silent until you/we get better at this.

FWIW, there were moments when I felt like I wanted to jump in and try to steer things back on track (if only because I actually do have some very (very) minor experience hosting (with my old video games podcast!!!)). But I didn't want to step on anyone's toes, 'cause I also know from LISTENING experience that sometimes when you get multiple people trying to take control it can sound... weird?

Basically what I'm saying is I could watch out for that, too, or I could just keep silent until you/we get better at this.

So far i'd agree with this, but part of what makes all of the long running podcasts work is that they have got comfortable ebough that the host (or others) all feel they can step in when needed to ask for clarification, explanation or just to steer things away from a tnagent thats run away with itself.

But we are not at that stage yet & it shows.

actual mics, which was almost the problem the actual audio quality is generally pretty good but people were picking up a lot of background noise while "idleing" (or the mic also picking up the clack of their keyboard automatically at a level which was impossible to filter out without also filtering out soft speach).

This is why I usually use push to talk when I'm using a microphone is Basically Any Other Situation also i'm relyu grundk so i apolgoise iz ghtis makes noe sense wow i can see the typos i can see them and they burn let's click submit wait haha how is the first half of my post perfect legible?????????????? i should be posting in theintoxicated thread huh

This is why I usually use push to talk when I'm using a microphone is Basically Any Other Situation also i'm relyu grundk so i apolgoise iz ghtis makes noe sense wow i can see the typos i can see them and they burn let's click submit wait haha how is the first half of my post perfect legible?????????????? i should be posting in theintoxicated thread huh

Hah! Dude, it looks like you got a horrible electric shock maybe a dozen words in. I love it.

Part one is technically done have posted it for the participants to have a listen to, it clocks in at 1hr 12mins.

will put in on here after i've taken their feedback on whether they want me to be more aggressive with the cutting &/or make any tweaks or add in anything at the start and finish

Hah! Dude, it looks like you got a horrible electric shock maybe a dozen words in. I love it.

Oh gosh. I started out so well I don't even know how that could've happened.

Anyway, there will be theme music if there's not already. I've not yet listened to the thing Codicier shared, but I know Gorm had some music lined up at some point.

I hate my voice. 

Its the worst.

Seriously, there has never been more malignant or troublesome utterances committed to sound than those that escaped my lips during the test recording. Not only does it have a distinct nasal almost croaky tone, it hisses.

Its like basketful of snakes & frogs mixed together.

I want a voice like Blambo's, a nice well behaved sound that is pleasant on the ear and needed very little attention. Unlike my own which swallows up equaliser settings, and gobbles up filters before spitting them back out at me.

Nobody likes their own voice. You just have to really expose yourself to it. If you pay attention to anyone who speaks in public, there are plenty with weird voices, but those weird voices just become THEIR voices and we stop thinking about it. You'll come around on it.

Cross-posted from the private discussion, in case people aren't paying attention to that discussion anymore, or if anyone who isn't in there wants to join in.

Alright, so if people want to do another episode just to keep the ball rolling, I've gone ahead and set up another Doodle poll for next weekend.

If we want to plan a specific anime to talk about, I've been watching Kekkai Sensen. It's new, about 5 episodes or so into its first season. I am open to something else if someone has something cool they want everyone to watch.
Otherwise, bring whatever else you've been watching to the table.

Here's the poll:

http://doodle.com/9awybyn6bnqe6ptd

Another episode?! We haven't heard the first one yet!

The reason we're thinking of just moving on is to keep the ball rolling. I've seen projects like this get stuck on waiting for one thing to be done, and then the whole thing falls apart. I'd like us to do another episode, though it's my first, and I'll take a stab at editing it since I probably have more spare time for doing so, and we'll see how it goes.

The reason we're thinking of just moving on is to keep the ball rolling. I've seen projects like this get stuck on waiting for one thing to be done, and then the whole thing falls apart. I'd like us to do another episode, though it's my first, and I'll take a stab at editing it since I probably have more spare time for doing so, and we'll see how it goes.

Also, it's worth pointing out that we only really planned Episode 00 as off-the-books practice, to identify any serious snags. The snags we identified were: i) going too long on our Whatcha Watchin' segment, mostly just because everyone tried to talk about ever show they were watching; ii) generally bad practice with sound recording, including a bunch of typing, clicking, and creaking; iii) keeping consistent with what we introduced ourselves as; and iv) a bit of perfectionism with the editing. Future episodes should be improved just by the awareness of those things.

please call the next one "Episode 1.11: This is (Not) an Eva Reference"

ii) generally bad practice with sound recording, including a bunch of typing, clicking, and creaking

It can be a bit of a balls at times but using push to talk instead of always on for speaking can help with that.

It's here! Key Frames, Episode 00 - Don't Feed the Dragon (Little Witch Academia)

Show notes are below.

Spotlight:
Little Witch Academia (1:07:57)

Discussed:
Rurouni Kenshin (manga) (5:47)
Kuroko's Basketball (11:02)
Shirobako (20:19)
Ore Monogatari (25:33)
Gintama (29:15)
Yuri Kuma Arashi (36:55)
Death Parade (52:43)

Mentioned:
Yu-Gi-Oh (2:07)
Dragonball Z (2:20)
Tenchi Muyo (2:22)
Sailor Moon (2:23)
Trigun (3:03)
Naruto (4:37)
FLCL (4:45)
One Piece (5:09)
Perfect Blue (5:32)
Akira (5:33)
Spirited Away (5:34)
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal (7:06)
Baki the Grappler (13:33)
Princess Jellyfish (16:28)
Genshiken (16:40)
Azumanga Daioh (17:48)
The Secret World of Arrietty (23:16)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (23:33)
School Rumble (26:13)
Cromartie High School (26:54)
Oh! Edo Rocket (31:23)
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (35:42)
Revolutionary Girl Utena (37:02)
Penguindrum (37:03)
Mobile Police Patlabor (41:38)
School Days (45:13)
Tokyo Ghoul (47:17)
Fullmetal Alchemist (49:17)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (49:26)
Black Lagoon (51:10)
The Tatami Galaxy (52:02)
Yowamushi Pedal (55:41)
Girls und Panzer (1:02:52)
Upotte!! (1:02:57)
Clannad (1:03:40)
K-On! (1:05:20)
Gurren Lagann (1:08:46)
KILL la KILL (1:08:48)
Inferno Cop (1:10:03)
Death Billiards (1:10:29)
Bleach (1:13:24)
Great Teacher Onizuka (1:13:27)
Hellsing (1:13:30)
Diebuster (1:18:33)
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (1:18:36)
Gunbuster (1:19:16)
Time of Eve (1:31:51)
Pale Cocoon (1:32:17)
Aquatic Language (1:32:23)
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (1:36:44)
Akame ga Kill (1:39:28)
Blue Exorcist (1:39:43)
His & Her Circumstances (1:40:24)
Black Butler (1:41:38)
Log Horizon (1:42:23)
Hyouka (1:42:40)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (1:42:48)
The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato-chan (1:43:19)

It's here! Key Frames, Episode 00 - Don't Feed the Dragon (Little Witch Academia)

Show notes are below.

Spotlight:

Little Witch Academia (1:07:57)

Discussed:

Rurouni Kenshin (manga) (5:47)

Kuroko's Basketball (11:02)

Shirobako (20:19)

Ore Monogatari (25:33)

Gintama (29:15)

Yuri Kuma Arashi (36:55)

Death Parade (52:43)

Mentioned:

Yu-Gi-Oh (2:07)

Dragonball Z (2:20)

Tenchi Muyo (2:22)

Sailor Moon (2:23)

Trigun (3:03)

Naruto (4:37)

FLCL (4:45)

One Piece (5:09)

Perfect Blue (5:32)

Akira (5:33)

Spirited Away (5:34)

Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal (7:06)

Baki the Grappler (13:33)

Princess Jellyfish (16:28)

Genshiken (16:40)

Azumanga Daioh (17:48)

The Secret World of Arrietty (23:16)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (23:33)

School Rumble (26:13)

Cromartie High School (26:54)

Oh! Edo Rocket (31:23)

Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (35:42)

Revolutionary Girl Utena (37:02)

Penguindrum (37:03)

Mobile Police Patlabor (41:38)

School Days (45:13)

Tokyo Ghoul (47:17)

Fullmetal Alchemist (49:17)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (49:26)

Black Lagoon (51:10)

The Tatami Galaxy (52:02)

Yowamushi Pedal (55:41)

Girls und Panzer (1:02:52)

Upotte!! (1:02:57)

Clannad (1:03:40)

K-On! (1:05:20)

Gurren Lagann (1:08:46)

KILL la KILL (1:08:48)

Inferno Cop (1:10:03)

Death Billiards (1:10:29)

Bleach (1:13:24)

Great Teacher Onizuka (1:13:27)

Hellsing (1:13:30)

Diebuster (1:18:33)

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (1:18:36)

Gunbuster (1:19:16)

Time of Eve (1:31:51)

Pale Cocoon (1:32:17)

Aquatic Language (1:32:23)

Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (1:36:44)

Akame ga Kill (1:39:28)

Blue Exorcist (1:39:43)

His & Her Circumstances (1:40:24)

Black Butler (1:41:38)

Log Horizon (1:42:23)

Hyouka (1:42:40)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (1:42:48)

The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato-chan (1:43:19)

you forgot one

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 9:05  

you forgot one

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 9:05  

I was actually stunned how long we talked about that damn movie.